BI -WIRE

jcmusic

This extract implies that using different types of cables may.

But you might also want to factor in any improvements due to just having an effective thicker combined gauge of wire.

"You do not have to use separate cables to each driver, but may connect two or more cables in parallel if you think they have good qualities in different parts of the frequency spectrum and therefore may supplement each other."

http://www.sonicdesign.se/biwire.html

I dunno ......

but ...... there's probably some advantage to being ....bi-sexual ......

why not try that instead ....???.....[:)]

????

Hey,

But what about using two different sources on a bi-wireable

speaker??? In my case, I have my speakers' audio source being my PC, so

my PC is connected to my PMU sub which powers my RF-15s which are

bi-wireable. But what about using the second set of binding posts as a

connection to them from a different source, like a radio or something

like that? Would that work?

Hey,

But what about using two different sources on a bi-wireable speaker??? In my case, I have my speakers' audio source being my PC, so my PC is connected to my PMU sub which powers my RF-15s which are bi-wireable. But what about using the second set of binding posts as a connection to them from a different source, like a radio or something like that? Would that work?

One set of positive inputs on the speaker goes to the tweeter. The other goes to the woofer. Same is true with the negative inputs.

So, what that means is that one source would only play through the woofers and one source would only play through the tweeters.

In other words, don't do it.

Use an internet radio feed if you want to listen to the radio through your computer.

But then how does the one source that I have now run the woofers and tweeter? Does it have something to do with the bands connecting the two sets of binding posts?

Like these?

Exactly. The binding posts make the connection so that both the tweeters and woofers are working. If you want to see for yourself, take the jumpers off and just connect the tweeter or woofer input.

If you tried hooking up two separate input sources while the jumpers were in place you would fry both amplifiers and possibly blow your speakers. You can buy a box that lets you switch between sources if you really need to do this.

Okay, thanks wuzzzer. I would rather not fry the amps and the speakers so I'll find some way to get radio through my PC, as I'm sure it can be done.... but then would there be any way to get audio without having to turn on my PC?

If I were you I'd just pick up the cheapest stereo receiver you can find and use it for radio.

• 5 weeks later...