adcom 555 amp BIN 350.00 on ebay

Guest " "

Duke, that JBL6260 works just fine. Do you think it is as good as the Adcom's?

Check out my PA gear sale thread, I got the amp rack built up this weekend. But I might swap my DC300IIA in for that JBL which would make that unit available. Finding it difficult to price this old iron.

M

whassat Adcom stuff allabout, Fritz ...??

The adcom 555 is one of the highest peak current SS amps ever made. The thing can push 75 amps of juices.

"what are the output devices..............????"

4 pairs of toshiba TO-3's per channel.

Power supply is dual split rail 80 volt using 2 100v 15,000uf capacitors per supply.

Adcom amps tend to sound harsh and edgy when paired with Klipsch IMO, especially when pushed hard. My brother in law had the 5550 and sold it.

The DBX BX1 will best it in any category including current output. Didn't they make a 565 as well?

Here is a photo of the internals, specs are amazing. Can handle ohm loads as low as 0.1, two 3.4Kw torrodial transformers housed in the large metal frame up front and over 20 cu ft of convection cooling. Got power?

I know someone that has one for sale if anyone is interested. Very rare limited production amplifier designed and built by the Senior DBX Engineering group before their untimely demise in 1990-1991. I also have complete schematics printed and digitized, the owner's manual is an amazing read. It has been posted on the forum before just do a search. It retailed on the order of $5K when new.

I know someone that has one for sale if anyone is interested.

How much?

Check out Bryston amps if you are looking for high current SS (not sure why you need high current with Klipsch). I just picked up a pair of 7B-ST monoblocks. They have a 20 year warranty that is fully transferable.

This one should have plenty of power for any Klipsch speaker:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1156638806

Chris

Mike, it belongs to TravisC (Wayne) here on the forum. I'll ask him what he wants for it. Very versatile amp as it can be configured for 2, 3, or 4 channel operation and is a true dual mono block design with the only thing shared being the 0 gauge power cord. The specs put the weight at 85lbs but it is closer to 100lbs and is a full 2ft long. I will be a monster to ship but doable.

Here is a copy of the Owner's Manual that makes for a interesting read as it goes into why it was designed they way it was and the things that it is capable of.

howdy, Chuck just called me, I do have one for sale though I am letting a friend borrow it. I would just have to go get it. $600 would do. I believe I paid $750 for it. I have two and am not using the second one.

hell of an amp, big and heavy.

let me know if your interested

Wayne