OT: Attention Pink Floyd fans - "Hey! Everything is P*U*L*S*E - ing!"

picky

Picky, no problem dude! You didn't record the music[;)] Also, I didn't feel that the center chanel was shorted audio, it filled in the space nicely. The bass was less than thrilling also. I expected the bass cord on "time" to really move things in the room but no such luck.

By the reports that others on this thread have made, I guess I need to check my setup again but it works so well for everything else, I would think it was in the disc. OH well[;)]

Cal:

I had/have the same impression as you but was afraid to be the first to go against the norm.

I was willing to keep silent because I don't really listen to concert DVD's that much. Thought it was because a concert DVD doesn't have the same mixing capabilities/standards as a CD.

My system sounds great with movies and such so I'm pretty positive that it can't be that out of whack, calibrated wise that is.

JJ

P.S. I haven't listened to disc 2, yet.

One simple adjustment made a big difference, though I still

feel that the vinyl reproduces better. That adjustment was to take the gain

knob and give it a big turn clockwise. This brought up the quality to a level

that was enjoyable but still not as good as sitting 6 feet back from a pair of Cornwalls

driven by tubes in a small room at 100+DB!

One simple adjustment made a big difference, though I still feel that the vinyl reproduces better. That adjustment was to take the gain knob and give it a big turn clockwise. This brought up the quality to a level that was enjoyable but still not as good as sitting 6 feet back from a pair of Cornwalls driven by tubes in a small room at 100+DB!

And eating freshly popped Popcorn????

I bought the dvd at tower records and the the concert is impressive, I was disapointed that disk 2 "Dark Side of the Moon" wasn't from the old days with Roger Waters. The sticker on the front said "includes first dark side of moon recorded concert" Foolish me simply thought that had to be with Roger. However, I still love my "Roger Waters In the Flesh" dvd the best.

I bought the dvd at tower records and the the concert is impressive, I was disapointed that disk 2 "Dark Side of the Moon" wasn't from the old days with Roger Waters. The sticker on the front said "includes first dark side of moon recorded concert" Foolish me simply thought that had to be with Roger. However, I still love my "Roger Waters In the Flesh" dvd the best.

Yeah, the label was a bit mis-leading wasn't it? They "emulated" the 1974 performance of "Dark side of the moon".

I too missed not seeing Waters perform, but it was his decision to part with the band back in 1985, so it's just something we'll all have to live with...regrettably. Waters did do that cameo appearance with the band last year for Live 8 in London, but both he and Gilmore have since squelched any rumors of a reunion concert, tour or album.

Yeah, the label was a bit mis-leading wasn't it? They "emulated" the 1974 performance of "Dark side of the moon".

I too missed not seeing Waters perform, but it was his decision to part with the band back in 1985, so it's just something we'll all have to live with...regrettably. Waters did do that cameo appearance with the band last year for Live 8 in London, but both he and Gilmore have since squelched any rumors of a reunion concert, tour or album.

Not to be augumentative, but in what way is the DVD mislabeled? I guess it should have read 'commercially available recording of DSOM' which it is. Surely that set list has been recorded before, but only as a bootleg.

I'm looking at the back cover and it clearly states 1994 Earls Court London. There are also photos of only the three remaining members of the band (excluding Roger). There is no mention of Roger Waters in a production credit either.

As an additinal hint, the CD and VHS tape titled, interestingly enough PULSE, were released in 1995 also without Mr. Waters.

Finally any fan of Roger Waters would know that the last album in which in appeared with the band was 1984's The Final Cut, fully a decade before this concert.

The body was stone cold by then. The Floyd lived on....