Component Video Switchbox

Yoeddy

Hey guys,

I need a recommendation. My Mits HDTV is about 4 years old and it only it has 3 component input jacks that will do 480p and only 1 will do up to 1080i. I have my Sony NS999ES DVD player hooked up to one input as of course it will only do up to 480p and my Hi Def Sat receiver hooked up the the single port that will do up to 1080i to get the benefit of HDTV.

Here's my dilema: I want to buy an XBOX 360 and get the whole HD experience with it as well. I don't want to have to pull out my tv and manually disconnect my satellite receiver cables and connect my 360 cables every time. Is there an external component switchbox that I can buy that will allow me to switch between my two 1080i devices with the one input? If so, what do you all recommend?

I must have the same tv as you do. I too have dvd, hidef cable, and xbox 360. Currently, I am using my reciever, a Yamaha, as essentially the switcher. I go into the Yammy with the xbox 360 and cable and out thru the component video to the DTV input, or the one that will do 1080i. I use the various input controls on the Yamaha to decide which of these will be sent to the tv. These are my 2 components that will go up to the hi def signal. I then take my dvd out thru component to either the Component 1 or 2 input on the tv. This will only do the 480, but that's what the dvd put out. We apparently were the early adopters and alas, our Mitsus do not have a dvi or hdmi input....

My current issue is now this. My pre/pro, currently the yamaha, soon to be a McIntosh MX134, only have 2 sets of component inputs. If I ever want to have another hi def component, I have run out of inputs on the tv and the pre/pro. It could go into the other 480 component input on the back of the tv, but this would not give the best image.

I have seen some switcher type devices at best buy that seem to be primarily for use with multiple gaming systems, ie: xbox, 360, playstation, etc. However, they look really cheaply made and I can only imagine that they would degrade the ultimate signal to a degree.

I too wonder if there is a better type of switching device that could be used that only introduces a minimal amt of distortion or other probs with the video signal.

Good luck, Paul