Michigan Area Klipsch BBQ at Picky's: WE'RE GETTING CLOSE!!!!!

picky

Clarence or anyone else who hasn't: If you are attending for certain, be sure to RSVP via email from the link found on the first post of this thread so I will have your email address. That way you can indicate how many, including yourself are coming and whether or not you are bringing any equipment, food or beverages to share. You will receive instructions how to get to our house, along with other information about a week before the event. Thanks. -Glenn

Picky put me down for a nice pasta salad with grilled veggies and whatever else i can find...

As far as equipment, would anyone like to here the infamous Best Buy Insignias A/B'd against the recently discounted Sony SS-K30ED, the REVOLUTIONARY $58 AUDIOPHILE REFERENCE MONITOR speakers? (so I've heard) linky: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=79698&catOid=-12950&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&BV_UseBVCookie=No

do you have banannas on your garage wire? If not, I can also bring my Analysis Plus 10 foot cables....

I'd be willing to bring some food, but I can't think of anything...seems all the good stuff is already covered.

chips, burgers, and drinks...does other food exist? [;)] I suppose there's pizza, but that doesn't really fit the occasion.

BigStewMan: Yeah, I've been out to CA many times. The wife has relatives up near fini's place. Sorry you can't make it but I totally understand. Thanks for the good wishes.

Clarence: I'm not too sure what you meant by "bananas on my garage wire", so probably not. I have a bunch of 20-amp, 110v outlets and that's it. It's a 110v/30Amp sub-box that comes in from the house. There's no 220. I hope that covers your question.

Dr. Who: Hey, I know it's a BBQ, but if you want pizza, there's plenty of places around here you can order it from if you want and have it delivered. I know this would be a huge hassle, so, it's only a thought: What would really be awesome is since you are staying near Chicago, Giordano's sells half-baked, frozen Chicago style stuffed pizza. If you have a way to keep them cold and wanted to bring a couple along, we could throw those in the oven for the gang. They are the best pizza in the world, as far as I am concerned. It's totally up to you, cause it would be a hassle and kinda expensive. If not; no problem!

lol Picky, I was trying to reference the typical college diet [;)]

If I was going to be up near Chicago I would totally swing by Giodano's, but alas I'm way down south in Champaign and Indy is a lot closer. Maybe I can bring a dessert of some kind.

An update on the 2006 Hope Pilgrimage Video:

As mentioned earlier, I'll be showing a preliminary "World Premiere" sneak peek of the video at our BBQ. It'll be between 30 and 45 minutes long. The full video is hours and hours of footage. The concert alone is three full hours!! So, there's no way I'm going to be placing all of that on a DVD and shipping it all over the place.

At the BBQ, we'll be showing just some of the highlights. After Trey has a chance to go over it with me (we're hoping he can make it), especially if he was able to salvage the audio tracks he recorded at the concert, I figure the final cut should fit on two DVDs and run a couple of hours. I have no estimate on when that will be done. All I can say at this point is: Before the end of this year. What I will do at that point is ship the DVDs to Klipsch and let them decide how it will be distributed to members who wish to have copies. That's assuming it is worth watching in the first place. You all will have to be the judge on that one.

I think you will find that some parts of the video are quite informative, while others are quite entertaining. There's also a few humorous moments as well; a little something for everyone. Any way, I just wanted you to know that I have not forgotten about the video. It is being worked on almost nightly and I am working as quickly as I can, given the time I have available to work on it. Thanks to you all for your patience! -Glenn

• Klipsch Employees

Right now, I plan to come. I am not sure who all will be with me.

As for the audio, the computer crashed over and over again while recording.

Not much of the recording is usable. I am not sure that I was able to get a complet song.

I will work on it some more before the BBQ and try to salvage something.

At this point, I would not count on it.

Trey: Okay. Sorry to hear about the recordings but I've been able to salvage the audio from the camera pretty well. It won't be up to the commercial-grade, concert quality we've all come to expect these days, but I think most folks will still find it very listenable. Getting you here is more important anyway!

Clarence: No problem. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.

We're coming up on one week before the cut-off date, which is Saturday, August 19th. That's the date by which I need a final count on who is coming for sure. I have been keeping the first post of this thread current with the running head count as you folks have informed me of changes. A few people have had to drop out and a few have been added. Right now, it looks like it'll be a pretty small crowd, unless some of those "Maybee's" can solidify their plans. Regardless of how many we do wind up with, I can promise that a good time will be had by all.

Again, please use email to RSVP and to communicate with me because I will need your email address to send you directions and information on getting here when we get closer to the day of the BBQ. Thanks everyone. Hope you can make it! -Glenn