Michigan Area Klipsch BBQ at Picky's: WE'RE GETTING CLOSE!!!!!

picky

Were Getting Close: Saturday, August 26th, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />1:00 - 11:00 PM

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

- BBQ at Picky's Place! -

Were now less than a month from our planned BBQ on Saturday, August 26th. I would like to get more accurate headcount of who is coming to our Klipsch Open House. Trey Cannon said hed make every effort to attend and he said hes inviting 2 or 3 engineers from Klipsch. Please let me know soon everyone, as we are trying to plan for how many of you are coming regarding food, drink, tables, chairs and setting up accommodations.

Please RSVP via email: Here

Remember, all Klipsch Forum Members and their spouse/friend are invited. I wish to know if you are a For Sure or a Maybee and how many people you are bringing counting yourself, please.

Id like to get a final count, by the cut-off date: Saturday, August 19th.

Current Guest List: Please refer to THIS LIST for the latest guest list.

FOOD AND BEVERAGES

Verna and I will provide the following:

Canned beer, soda pop & ice - cans don't break when dropped on the concrete.

It's fine if you prefer to bring glass...we have a nice broom and dust pan for you. [;)]

Bottled Water

Ground Rounds, Hotdogs & buns

Cheese Slices

BBQ Sauce

Onions

Chips: potato, tortilla, etc

Pickles, relish, ketchup, mustard, etc.

At least 20 Hot Sauces to try

Guests have said they are providing the following:

Tom Weiss - Potato Salad

Activities: (Times are just loose guidelines)

- Folks bringing gear are free to arrive whenever you can get here (before 1 PM) -

1:00 - 2:00-ish PM WELCOME!! Get to know your fellow Klipsch members and their friends and families. We will provide name tags. Beer & soft drinks will be provided. Should you prefer hard liquor, please BYOB. Anyone wishing to bring equipment and/or LPs, CDs, etc. is welcome to do so. We will set things up in our large garage. I will have the new Heresy IIIs and the EICO ST-70 Vacuum Tube Integrated Amp and CD player fired-up for your listening pleasure.

After 2:00 PM: We'll pretty much be on an open-format sort of agenda as we have a lot of folks coming up from INDY who will only be staying for 5 hours or so. We can serve the food anytime a bunch of you gets hungry. It only takes a short time to fire up the Barbie. Plus, we'll be sure to have some burgers and dogs handy on the warming tray in-between cooking sessions. We will be serving burgers, hotdogs, chips and the usual BBQ-fair. Dishes to pass are welcome and much appreciated! I am also willing to toss whatever you'd care to bring onto the grill as well. There will be plenty of different Hot Sauces to sample from our collection.

Demos:

The Heresy III / EICO Tubed garage system, along with Craig's LaScala's Blueberry compliment and VRDs. Colter mentioned bringing a Thorens TT. Naturally, something will be going on in the garage the entire time until the un-official end at 11 PM, when we must quiet things down outside. However, the basement theater is soundproof so any remaining "night owls" can enjoy their music on our reference system downstairs after 11 PM.

Small House Theater Demonstrations. Because our theater is quite small, we will conduct the demos in groups of 9 if need be. The demos usually last about 1 hour. We will also be showing highlights of the 2006 Klipsch Pilgrimage & concert that I filmed in Hope on June 17th! - all in Native Widescreen!

Anyone wishing to stick around and help with the cleanup will be much appreciated!

Garage Gear we plan to have on hand:

picky: Pair of Heresy III, Eico ST-70 Integrated Tube Amp, Sony 5-CD Player, Teac A-3340S Reel-to-Reel, Pioneer SX-838 Receiver

NOS Valves: Pair of LaScala, Juicy Music compliment, VRDs

Picky's complete Home Systems List: Linky

Thanks, everyone! -Glenn

I'm planning on getting up there. I'm hoping that Trey can rent a bus for those coming from Indy area (jk).

I don't know if Doc is coming down here to drive up with us or what. I'll try to call Roger tonight and get his yea/nay.

Any other Indy people want to get up there, we'll work out some transport so it's not so expensive on gas.

Michael

I'd love to carpool with the Indy guys if that'd work out...I'll be heading through that way anyway since there is no way in the world I'm gonna go through Chicago just for the heck of it (especially during summer construction). I can fit 4 total (including myself) comfortably in my subaru - and if I clean out the back there should be lots of room left for putting stuff.

If you Indy guys want to bring your sleeping bags with you, you're welcome to crash at our place and save a few bucks. I do have a double bed, a queen air bed, three hunting cots and lots of recliners! You too, Joe!

Here's the plan then Doc, come down to my place on Fri night if you can, we'll maybe work on some stuff, hear the Khorns, stay up late, listen to old guy rock.

Then on Saturday the gang can meet up here since we'll be heading up I69 to Detroit. Trey and Steve, Indy and anybody else who wants to go from Indy- just pm me if you haven't been here already and we'll work out some carpooling, k?

C'mon you guys- Glenn (Picky) has a great place, beautiful HT, and NEW HIII's- I know him to be an awesome host so it's pretty guaranteed that no one will come home hungry! Let's show some brotherly support and head to Detroit!

Glenn, do you really think we'll be up so late as to need an overnight stay? A lot of guys with families maybe can't make a weekend of it.

Michael

Michael:

I understand about the families and such. I have the feeling this thing will run pretty late, especially with Craig coming; He's a night owl. We'll have to shut things down outside by 11 PM, but sound does not reach the outside from the theater, so we may go a bit later downstairs. Plus, you guys have a 4-1/2 hour drive here each way! I am just leaving this open to you guys as an option, not a necessity. I don't want anybody falling asleep at the wheel on their way home. BTW: Watch out for that freaking sniper on I-69! Sheesh!

Also: It would be great if somebody can please bring a turntable just in case somebody would like to play some vinyl. Mine is installed in my equipment rack and I don't wish to remove it because we may play some vinyl in the theater. Thanks! -Glenn

Great News! We will have lots of stable, clean power to run our equipment; Detroit Edison just came down our block yesterday and replaced all of the old power line transformers with shiny, new bigger ones and added more than twice as many as before! That means fewer homes per transformer! Cool! [H]

Mike: That's a great question. I will leave this decision up to each individual. I am not going to ask that each person to commit to bring something. Verna and I will be provding quite a bit of food as Michael alluded to above, and I know many of you will be traveling lite.

Equipment: Yes, if there is some special audio gear they wish to bring, that is fine. Just remember that it will be in a big 28' wide x 24' deep garage (concrete floor) and the corners will not be accessible for corner-horns. I have a 17-foot long wooden work bench along the rear wall that will hold an awful lot of sound gear. I will keep the gear list up-to-date as people mention what it is they are planning to bring.

Food: I guess I should post a food list to let people know what we are going to provide and also what other people decide they are going to bring. That way we won't have too many of the same thing. So, please check out the first thread above periodically to see the food and drink list. Naturally, anything anyone wants to bring is welcome....as long as it's legal, that is! [;)]

EDIT: Okay, the lists have been added. Thanks Mike.

Great Michael! Thorens is mighty nice. You sure you want to bring it?

I wonder; is your phono cartridge a moving magnet or moving coil? If it's moving coil, we'll probably need a head-amp to plug it into. If it's MM, we should be fine.

SMALL HOUSE THEATER

CAUSES DETROIT BROWN-OUT

"Detroit Edison just came down our block yesterday and replaced all of

the old power line transformers with shiny, new bigger ones and added

more than twice as many as before! That means fewer homes per

transformer! Cool!"

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Canned beer, soda pop & ice - cans don't break when dropped on the concrete.

It's fine if you prefer to bring glass...we have a nice broom and dust pan for you. [;)]

Bottled Water

Ground Rounds, Hotdogs & buns

Cheese Slices

BBQ Sauce

Onions

Chips: potato, tortilla, etc

Only 1 tortilla?