sonic characteristics of cornwall vs. rf-7

Arky

• Moderators

At $400, Arky did.

SSH

And BEC is going to take care of me Thursday with freshened networks & his new tweets. Sweet huh?

That should sound great !

They will sound different than the 7's, after you have a chance to compare don't forget to let us know what you think .

I hope you like them both, probably will for different reasons.

just remember your ears get used to a certain sound.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RF7 are big and really really loud

CW are big and really really really loud

Colter

I really want these CW to sound better than the 7's. I like the looks of them better than the 7's.

Look at my room & you will see why I emailed you.

At $400, Arky did.

SSH

And BEC is going to take care of me Thursday with freshened networks & his new tweets. Sweet huh?

That should sound great !

They will sound different than the 7's, after you have a chance to compare don't forget to let us know what you think .

I hope you like them both, probably will for different reasons.

just remember your ears get used to a certain sound.

dtel

Remember, small Arkansas town. Never heard any heritage. I will be fair in my comparrison. Hell, I already like them without any highs. Just wait til Bob gets through

refreshing the networks, and installing his tweeters.

But Deans mod on the 7's is stunning.

They look dry, get some oil on them pronto. I just use Old English (the kind without any stain in it). There are other methods, including Watco Rejuvenating old- that is very well touted here.

M

I have Murphy's oil soap on hand. Will that work? My intuition tells me to let BEC take care of these inside & out. At $400 aquisition price + refresh monies I feel justified.

John

They look dry, get some oil on them pronto. I just use Old English (the kind without any stain in it). There are other methods, including Watco Rejuvenating old- that is very well touted here.

Hey Mike, next time we get together you'll have to explain to me this concept of "dry wood" and adding oil? Surely there have gotta be some guidelines?

feednwax2003.jpg

I'd rub 'em with some of this, Howard's Feed-N-Wax. It's beeswax and

orange oil in a gel. Good stuff. Most hardware stores have it (Ace in

my neighborhood), as does Home Depot and Lowes. It's in the

wood-finishing area.

Hi Arky...Congrats on your Cornwalls!

I have been following this thread and you made me jealious. IN one post you said you listened for 4 hours to your 7's. With my new family and kids I havn't been able to do that in over a year.

The kids father have the kids for a week and Saturday and Sunday I spent an hour listening to MUSIC!!!! You inspired me!

My question: What did DeanG's upgrade reveal to you in the 7's. Can you tell me in music -vs- Movies?

My Comment: Cannot wait to see your comments after you have listened to the cornwalls for a period of time to get used to them and over the initial WOW factor. I too have considered Khorn, Belles, LaScallas but have never considered Cornwalls. They kinda went under the radar for me.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil

The rf-7 crossover upgrade (you can search that phrase & pull up old threads) is a fairly large improvement to my ears. There just seems to be "more" of everything.

Specifically, the low end bass appears to be more noticable. The midrange is certainly more noticable & smoother. The highs were tamed a little. The whole speaker seems clearer, more refined and fuller, most apparent with sound affects. For example, I am drawn more to drumsticks tapping, fingers touching guitar strings, cymbals etc., the little nuances of music or movies. The clarity was improved, not that it is bad in stock form.

Installation was easy & improvement was immediate. It makes my listening more pleasing.

My tastes lend toward clearly hearing what i'm listening to. The rc-7 crossover was improved even more, again to my ears.

As far as music vs. movies, man I don't know. I don't have a musical background at all. No band in school or anything of the nature. I decided last year I wanted to buy new speakers to listen to music & watch movies with. Klipsch is made local to me & I love their "live" sound. I also appreciate the company providing a forum & allowing a Pilgrimage. Although I wouldn't have dreamed a year ago I would spend an hour each night reading some stupid audio forum.[:)] I have noticed the better the sound in my home the more I want.

John

John,

Don't get me mixed up with someone who knows about wood finishing. I can handle the insides, but not the outside.

Bob

Fair enough. I will try Colter's or pmsummer's suggestion after you work your magic.