FS: cornwall II parts

Jay L

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, Michael and I need these.... like a hole in the wall..... trust me.. [:D]

I have some extra parts... It will be an experiment I always wanted to try, so I am off to do it..

I am taking your cabinets and cutting them out to place the bigger horn that is in the La Scala and K horn to have a true "CornScala." I realise it will stick out the back some with the horn being bigger but my curiosity is killing me here..

As I said, If someone wants these as a true Cornwall project or really needs these, by all means take them. I am sure Michael feels the same way as well. Otherwise, I can come get them tomorrow, friday sept 15th 2006, if you like for $100.00 no problem. Let me know where to pick them up. Send me a email of your cell or phone number..

Roger.

Roger- how you gonna SEAL that back panel if you put the 400 horn in there? You realize that that assembly is 24" deep and the CW is only 15"? It won't be the driver hanging out a little ways- it'll the the throat of the horn.

My suggestion- either me or you purchase them and retain them for if someone wants to build up a CW center box. I just learned that a friend nearby is working for a custom cabinet show with the CNC router, so having motor boards or grille boards routed out might be something we can do here locally!

And it's looking one step closer to my getting that big barn in the back yard, stay tuned.

Michael

What I really really need is a woodworker willing to make me false corners on my k horns.. to just scew into the backs of them. Not a false wall.. THAT'S what I really want.

And yes I know/ understand it will come out the back./. have to route the bigger hole in front too. I still think this would work.. but maybe another day..

Tell ya what Michael.. Take these...

Ok, cool. I'm waiting on a msg back from Vette, he wants one for a center. I'm waiting to see if he'd rather have with components or not. If I can sell one right off with components, I'd like to buy them complete.

If they will sit here in inventory, I'd like to buy just the boxes if that's okay. I just don't have cash to tie up in more inventory right now. Hope that's okay.

Michael

I have the cabinets.Just keeping 'em in the family.

They are currently empty CBR's. I'm thinking that someone here might want a single CW to make into a center, either Horizontally with the existing motorboard, or a Vertical with new motorboard.

If I EVER get my workshop (working on it now), I might cut out new vertical motorboard and grille boards so these would be a 'kit' form.

Michael