KLF-C7s

Gnomore

I got the same deal as boa at roughly the same time. I havent seen any on there lately either. Do a search on klipsch once in a while and maybe you'll get lucky. You'll like it if you can find it!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Albany.gif

I won 1 of supposedly 7 C7s on uBid a couple of weeks ago. After over a week of hassle and HOURS on hold, they tell me that, WHOOPS, they didn't actually have any more C7s and shouldn't have run the auction. Bought one off of eBay last week. Looks as though the remaining new C7s are going fast, and prices are rising (my uBid price was $285, my eBay price was $304, and the few other C7s on eBay were $325> ), so I'd grab one off of eBay if you really want one.

My opion: beware of buying from uBid. Things might go just fine (they do for many people), but if they don't uBid's customer service is horrible and you will have a huge mess and a lot of wasted time.

it sounds great cwm4.gif

it is THE matching CENTER for klf. outa the current line possibly an rc-7 but i don't think it's be the best timbre/voice match. i've heard that w/ rf-7 but not w/ klf however.

of course another klf tower would be a match 2, but they're kinda big & also discontinued. so'd be hard to find a single.

have u tried some of the local/area dealers? they should bewilling to at least sell a c7 under $400, but now they could have a scarcity value.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

raneman I had almost the same experience with ubid regarding my c-7 purchase. after about 12 days and 3 long calls to them they finally found one in the warehouse for me. they do really suk but the prices are great!

EQ_shad onecall is a great company. They have the best customer service! One ring and you're talking to a helpful customer service rep. I bought a reciever with them but sold it because it was low current 500 watts.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Gnomore, I agree with Keith that you should hold out for a C7. I tried an RC-3 at home with KLF-20s for several weeks. Good speaker, but not a great match for KLF. Helpful posters on this BB informed me that the different efficiency and materials of RC-3 affect the timbre/voice match. The RC-7 might be a better match--I don't have any experience with this--but I would be a bit hesitant using the same reasoning (I'll bet the RC-7 kicks with RF-5/7s though). I should note that I'm pretty picky about getting a perfect match. If you can't find a new C7 down the road, you'll find a great used one and still pay less than for a RC-7.

BigBusa, glad you got satisfaction and your C7 from uBid. They do have great prices. Thanks also for the tip on EQ_shad onecall.

SC,,

A C7 won't fit on top of a 27", if it does, I bet the first time you crank it, it falls off, no stability for it to sit on. At that weight, your right, alot of load to carry. I have mine on top of a Toshiba 53HX71(traded in 50HX70, problems)and it's depth just fits with 2 or 3" to spare.

spacecowboy, the c-7 is a little large to be putting on top of a 27" tv but it works fine. it's exactly as wide as my tv so it looks a little rediculous at first but you'll get used to it. it's the sound that matters anyway. stick the little rubber feet on and it's not going anywhere even at high volumes. it's mostly dialogue anyway. not like there's a ton of bass pumping out of it.

I was going to try placing it under my TV but the sony 27" weighs 110lbs! I didn't want to mess up the finish on the c-7 or have the tv fall off it. the c-7 is only 9" from fron to back.

Here's a pic of mine on the TV.

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/BigBusa/PB010010.JPG

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-18-2001 at 07:43 AM