Two versions of "Two Against Nature"?

Mighty Favog

I just picked up the "Two Against Nature" DVD and yes it sounds great. About a year or so ago I first caught this being played on PBS (Public Brainwashing System, quote from Rush Limbaugh) and it had a portion that let the audience ask questions to Don and Walter. In this segment Don had a map of New York from the ceiling depicting where he and Walter grew up. Don said the map was useless because it showed the area between where they are from and not the actual locations.

As Carl Sagan would say--"So what?!" This portion that was on PBS is not on the DVD.

Does anyone know if there are two versions of this or any other pertinant information?

Thanx,

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 11-13-2001 at 04:24 PM

• 2 months later...

i just got that disk that shape is referring to. played it so far in dts 5.1. on par sound/mixwise w/ the eagles hell freezes/dts dvd. possibly even better done as it was recorded at Sony Studios in NY. just wish it had "reeling...years" & "deacon blues".

when i ordered it i saw they also had a dvd-audio version that was audio only. didn't say what else it had but did say it could be played on a regular dvd-video player.

i'll watch for that map thing on this dvd, though i think you have the same DVD tom.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Thanks Boa,

I'm thinkin' it may have been one of those one-off recordings that only came with a new PBS membership. Don't think I'm willing to go that far.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton P888SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Monster Power HTS-5000

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker cables

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Vibrapods

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

i was reading y'all's comments this week, and picked up the eagles hell freezes over dts disc, not the dvd-a version, and it won't play on my computer. i use an audigy mp3 soundcard, and creative 5.1 speakers (for now), but even if i set my software to digital output, or change the rate to 48 it still won't play. i just downloaded the new 3.1 version of windvd, and it says it can decode dts, i don't get it - any ideas? thanks for your help!cwm34.gif

I've got another funny little quirk about the Eagles Disc. If I set it to DTS, I have to go through all the little trailers and such in order to get DTS. If I skip chapter through all that stuff, it switches to

Dolby Digital, and I can't get the Seven Bridges at all. Kinda strange, haven't encountered on any other DVD. Not that this has anything to do with the Steely Dan Video.

------------------

My Home Theater