Triumph TR-3 forum? Need to find one and can't so far, any help?

Coytee

Need some help guys...

Knowing how forum members here might appreciate a Klipsch item more than a casual user who once heard of them, I got to thinking that I need to find a Triumph TR3 type forum.

Scenario: The husband of a lady client of mine had a heart attack a year or so ago. He was dead for several minutes before they revived him. Hes lost a lot of his brain power and unless you knew better, youd think he had Alzheimers. Were told that hell never recover that brainpower.

Hes in mid 70s and will probably not drive again. Theres the crux...

In their garage, theyve got a 1960 Triumph TR-3. Odometer is broken. Car is white with red upholstery, new tires. Evidently, it also needs a top. Beyond that it's supposedly in great condition.

Her local car guy said he knew of someone who was (trying) to sell one and was asking something like $27,000. He said hers was in better condition yada yada yada. Something about him didnt sit well with her so she went somewhere else and THEY told her they thought shed be able to get something like $18,000 give/take.

Shes come to me since Ive dealt with their household finances and wants to pay me to help her (sigh). I said Id do what I can but I wont accept any fees... she got cranky with me saying shed just take it for someone else to help her (but I know she WANTS me to), so I said Id accept some of her cookies !!

OK, so my goal is to obtain pictures first (I have none), and find someplace where maybe I can post it other than ebay so a TR-3 fan might be able to end up with it.

Im not out to screw any buyer over, conversely, my express intent will be to protect HER well being and not let her get screwed.

So, any advice where I might find a forum?? Ive looked a bit while at work and so far found nothing. I don't really WANT to use ebay if I can avoid it (much like posting a Klipsch item here first before ebay)

Any thoughts??

Coytee, believe me, do not use E-bay, you'll get more phoney responses, dirty deals from all over the world.................I got off on-line because of the BS you get............Try to find Triumph Register, or English SportsCar Club, something like that, they're out there, hard to find.................

This may be a no win situation for you.

The numbers her "local car guy" quoted are WAY high. An original, one owner, low miles, concours-perfect garage queen or megabucks restoration might bring that kind of money if some idiot REALLY had to have it. I haven't been in the market for a while, but I'd guess $10k would be a gift.

Don't get me wrong, I drove a '59 TR3 for eight years and like the cars - except for the "riding a motorcycle without a helmet, bugs in the teeth" aspect.

Of course, someone paid $700k for a '70 Baracuda convertible (talk about a POS) so anything is possible.

Try Keith Martin's "Sports Car Market" magazine. He keeps track of what stuff is bringing at auction. www.sportscarmarket.com

James

You can try these folks. They are pretty close to you as well.

henriksenjc@highstream.net

John Henriksen

I have a '79 Spitfire that was owned by some guy up in the area, that came to me through a couple of folks moving and not wanting to move the car.

Still never found the older owner.

Bruce