Found my new reference DVD! (Pink Floyd - Pulse)

wuzzzer

I called my wife from work today and asked her if my Pink Floyd Pulse DVD had arrived. YEP!! So I came home for my dinner break and had to put the disc in for a listen. Good thing, since my wife is at work and isn't a huge Pink Floyd fan.

Man the drums at the beginning of Learning to Fly literally scared me! I had no idea that RF-7s could put out THAT much bass, deep and tight!

If only all music was recorded like this! And this is on my embarassingly cheap Magnavox DVD player that I got for free two years ago. [:$]

I have a good 3 hours by myself tomorrow night while my wife is at work, and I know what I'll be listening to! [<:o)]

By the way, its only $15.85 with free shipping if you order it from http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com

Posted Image

Anyone, is it worth buying? I'm not a die hard Floyd fan, Love Darkside but, the rest of Floyd is debatable to me, So is it really that good, or are Floyd fans making it sound better than it really is?

Buckster, it really is that good. The show was fantastic, the visuals are fantastic and in my view, the music is fantastic. It was the most awe inspiring concert I've ever seen (and I've seen a fair number)

How's this answer your question... when I (finally) get my EV crossovers for the Jubilees, I've been wondering what am I going to play as the first thing?

yep... Pulse

[6]

Hopefully the wife will be at work, it will be dark and I can crank it up while I relive the concert I saw in Nashville in 1994. The very concert that because of traffic, kept us out until about 2:00 A.M. and helped cause me to get a 68% (failing grade) on a securities exam I had to take the next morning at 8:30 [8o|]

I had to go back to Nashville 30 days later to retake exam (and passed) so the concert caused me TWO 3 hour (1 way) trips to Nashville. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Just get it.

[:D]

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but I cant concure and I am a huge Floyd fan. Floyd with Roger Waters that is. I bought the dvd based on alot of reccomendations from here and was very disappointed. Gilmore, although he still plays a mean guitar, came across very weak in the vocals. I know hes getting up there in years, but play this dvd and then put in the original dark side of the moon cd. Huge difference. DSOTM and The Wall to me are audio works of art (in there original studio recordings). Not to mention, as with alot of live concerts of older material, the songs music seems to change. I know just about every note of DSOTM and The Wall by heart and it just pains me when the songs are improvised. Im sure they get tired of playing them the same way over and over but the studio versions are the ones you fall in love with. Maybe Gilmore just doesnt like playing Waters material the way it was written. Some of the songs are very good. But over all I give it a C.

** Just My Opinion **

Harley

Not being a big Pink Floyd fan, I couldn't disagree with you more, David Gilmore rose to the top of the mountain with Pulse. If your problem is because Roger isn't there, that's on you..........I don't know how Roger could have made it any better.A great show by a bunch of Professional Musicians, great stage crew, outstanding film crew. I don't know what happened between Roger and David, don't really care, I only know what I saw on those disc's, and what I saw was a OUTSTANDING SHOW with what people were on stage, that was PINK FLOYD on that night................

Well I would certainly rate it higher than that, but wouldn't say it is my new reference recording. There are a few DVD's that have a better sound quality than this one (Eagles HFO and Farewell Tour 1), and a few others that are right there with it (Roger Waters 'In The Flesh', Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense', Boz Scaggs 'Greatest Hits'), but this was a pretty powerful performance and the musicianship is first rate imho.

I'll give it an A- [:D]

Mike

Well I would certainly rate it higher than that, but wouldn't say it is my new reference recording. There are a few DVD's that have a better sound quality than this one (Eagles HFO and Farewell Tour 1), and a few others that are right there with it (Roger Waters 'In The Flesh', Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense', Boz Scaggs 'Greatest Hits'), but this was a pretty powerful performance and the musicianship is first rate imho.

I'll give it an A- [:D]

Mike

I would agree, but say

A for performance

A- for sound

B for picture

A- for content

A+ for light show