DIY Khorn Project Complete (pics of process)

HarleyMo

Well, Ive finally completed my 3 year Khorn project. 3 years ago I started researching the process, collecting parts, spending two much time on this forum, and going through a divorce (no, it had nothing to do with the project). But I have no WAF to worry about now. I started the build process at the begining of the summer and finally finished yesterday. Im going to post pics of major milestones of the project. I took tons of pictures. I know most are onto Jubilee projects but the Khorn has always held a place in my heart since hearing them back in 1988 when I bought my fortes. I fell in love with them. This forum has just fueled that love of the Khorns and Klipsch in general.

A special thanks goes to forum member Bigdnfay without whos help this project would have been much more difficult. He is a great guy. Thanks to AL K for your wonderful crossover design, Sfogg for supplying me with a parts kit to build those crossovers (3 years ago), and Bob C for supplying the wonderful woofers. And all the other members on this great forum for all the fantastic information I have gotten here.

Harley

(btw, they sound GREAT, more info on that later Ive yapped enough, on with the pics)

The first cut. I cant say enough good things about this saw. It is the reason I could do this project. No worries of sliding heavy stock through a table saw. 95% of all the cuts on this build were done with this saw. Festool TS55 plunge cut saw. Its worth the investment, good german craftsmanship. I put a 2 inch piece of foam insulation on top of a table, layed the fence down on the line to cut (no offsets) and just run the saw down the fence. Like cutting paper with a razor blade.

post-12909-13819307948238_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...