I was really tempted!!

In some internet wandering, I wound up at the Polk audio

forums.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42836

They had a thread on beginner setups for under $1500. I read the thread

and was really tempted to join the forum just to tell them all they needed was

a used HK receiver and a pair of Cornwallis possibly with a good starter TT

like a Regga Planar 3.[:P][6] I did think twice about it though and decided to not troll

on their board[:$], after all, they are at a disadvantage audio wise by using Polk

speakers in the first place.[:$][:P][;)]

One thing I did note was that the quality of the people didnt

seem to be near as high as they are here, . Even with our occasional troll[:|]

I haven't done a ton of trolling, but how many speaker brands have similar sites? Most I presume.[*-)]

As I read it, I almost did feel sorry that they aren't enjoying the wonderfullness and beauty and coolness, etc, of Klipsch. Of course, they prob. troll here thinking: man, there ain't nothing like a good Polk...[;)]

Paul

I haven't done a ton of trolling, but how many speaker brands have similar sites? Most I presume.[*-)]

As I read it, I almost did feel sorry that they aren't enjoying the wonderfullness and beauty and coolness, etc, of Klipsch. Of course, they prob. troll here thinking: man, there ain't nothing like a good Polk...[;)]

Paul

I would hope not, a troll is an evil little fellow who runs into places he is not wanted, posts some off the wall comment to stir things up and enjoys the havic it produces[6]

You don't seem to be that sort of fellow[;)]

Cal Blacksmith Your a bigger man than that....don't lower yourself...There are more than enough TROLLS on this Forum......For Sure

I wasn't going to troll on OUR forum[:P]

The Polk Forum, I knew that, doesn't matter what forum,your still a bigger man than that.........I don't think I'm wrong about that..........

Well, there is a group of Bloseophiles on the Home Theater Spot, that was about all I could find. One of the entries was something like: bad sound coming from 321 system... Hmmm, it may have left the factory sounding bad....

They also had an entry from the moderator saying no one was allowed to troll or make fun of Bose speakers over there. I guess this forum isn't the only one who does not love all things Bose.

Paul

We have a policy as we do with all the forums about members crossing forums and bashing products they dont own or constantly pushing others instead.

While I don't own Bose myself, I do feel they have a unique niche and have a purpose in certain situations. Some applications are very appropriate for Bose to simulate the feel of a home theater that others would not do as well in. Wife Acceptance Factor is another big one as well as awkward space where only a small cube speaker system will work properly from a practical point while not being obtrusive. As with ANY system there are trade offs against style, size and performance when trying to make it fit in a given room. The Bose people deserve a forum to be able to discuss these issues without people hounding and badgering them.

It will stop or those people will find themselves out the door. We run a friendly forum where people can discuss issues without fear of being stalked or hounded. Some of you have got to the point where you borderline on stalking in here.

UH, Clarence.....That was a quote from the Bose board..........RIGHT???????????

I would hate to think that you self appointed yourself to be a moderator here??

Not to mention that there NEVER is a reason to buy Bose with all the other speaker makers in the world that compete at or below their price point with same sized units that produce MUCH better sound!