SPEAKER PLACEMENT

jcmusic

With the radiator in the back you will need to experiment a bit but mine sound good on about 10 inch risers (to get the squaker to ear level) and about 16 inches out from the wall. Placement will make all the difference and corner placement will reinforce the bass. You may or may not like the result of corner placement. Sometimes only an inch or so will make a difference so take your time. You will like them VERY much, Congrats on the purchase!

I use mine as surrounds on 10-12 inch speaker stands and they do a good job. I have them facing each other just slightly behind the listening position.

I'm trying to find a pair of klf 20's or 30's to replace them in order to match my klf 30 main's. Some people have told me that I won't hear any difference.

The Forte II's are great speakers. Enjoy

It depends on how you are using them. As surrounds, they need to be up off the floor. As mains, I left them on the floor. When using them in conjunction with a good subwoofer, I set all speakers to small with the crossover at 80hz and let the sub handle all of the lows.

I have my Quartets (similar little brother to the Forte II) on their risers, toe'd in a bit and about 18" off the rear wall...Powered by an EICO HF-81 (14wpc)...I tried my MAC 1900 with it yesterday and didn't think they sounded near as well as they did with Tubes...no idea why and no response to my query in the B I G thread that was supposed to be on vintage SS and Tubes...gues I should have started every sentence with I love SET or I hate SET... ;)

Bill