Best room placement for Cornwalls?

Johncan

What do I do if I only have one usable corner in my listening room? My room has three corners and two are actually occupied by doors. Any suggestions are welcome.

________________door_

I I

door I

I I

I I

I I

I

I____________________

The wall on the right is straight, but I can't draw it that way. The opening leads to a stair well going up to the next floor.

John

What do I do if I only have one usable corner in my listening room? My room has three corners and two are actually occupied by doors. Any suggestions are welcome.

________________door_

I I

door I

I I

I I

I I

I

I____________________

The wall on the right is straight, but I can't draw it that way. The opening leads to a stair well going up to the next floor.

John

The name Cornwall comes from the idea that they can be positioned either in a CORNer or against a WALL. I've had success both ways. My room, while smaller, is similar in shape and I have them along the longer wall, toe-in slightly, about 6 inches from the closest speaker corner to the wall. Try them a few different ways and see what you like the best.

Regards,

Chris

• Moderators

I don't have my Cornwalls in the corner. They are on a 24' wall about 5' from each corner.

I tried them in the corners and they did sound different, more bass but being in the corner on a 24' wall they may have been a little far apart. It sounded good but it did have a slight hole in the middle,

I had them angled like if they were Khorns ,square in the corner.

Haven't really completely settled on where they will stay.

Work with what you have you will find a place where you like them, try to space them evenly from where you sit, but you can also adjust that a little by toe one in a slight bit more than the other. Probably get some more advice from others, check back.