WTB Chorus II

Guido Sansui

Hi All, I am a newbie to this great site. Have been reading and learning a ton of stuff here. Thank You all for that. I am in the Austin, Texas area and am looking for a nice set of Chorus II's. I prefer black but will consider any finish. I will gladly drive a couple hundred miles. Thanks for any help with this. Kind Regards

Thanks. Sorry about the delay in response. I just came back from a 4 day road trip to score a pristine set of black CHORUS II's! They have been up and running for 4 hours and wow is all I can say. I had pretty decent sound before this upgrade. Running a set of KG 5.5's and a set of Epic CF-2's together via 2 modified ST-70 Dynacos. The Choruses out perform that pair. There is less big bass but the mids and highs are absolutely magnificant. This is my first upgrade into Heritage class sound and I am a believer.

Satisfied indeed! The best sound I have ever had in my house. I will never part with these. I got them at less than half price of new which I consider a steal as they are 94's in new condition and getting harder to find all the time. I drove 2100 miles round trip to get them as he would not ship... yes I am crazy I guess ;-) I would do it again, can't believe they are standing in my living room now...........Best sound purchase I have made in a long time. As fate would have it my trip took me right through Hope, AR so I stopped in at the "Klipsch Museum" to pay my respects.

I am listening to "The Guitar Trio" from Paco, Al, and John at good volume as I type, Wow, I have never heard it like this, not much bass in that recording but the mids highs are sounding just magic... Thank you Paul!

... There is less big bass but the mids and highs are absolutely magnificant...

Do you have them in corners? Chorus IIs require corner placement to really get the bass out of them.

Amen! And do not buy into the hog wash that there is no image or soundstage with your chorus II's in the corner. I have owned chorus II's as long as anyone on the planet and they perform perfect in corners. Leave enough room for the radiator to breathe. It will make for a much more even speaker top to bottom.

Again congrats and enjoy!

Thank you all. Yes it was a great road trip, was set for a 4 day slog and turned out to be a wonderful break from life and computers. Drove mainly all night, no traffic, full moon, no rain, nice and cool.

Yes I've heard that the Choruses are placement sensitive. I do not have corners to put them in. They are on the long wall of an apartment about 9 ft. apart very slightly toed in. The sound stage is huge and that mid-high resolution is fantastic. Just listened to Pat Barber's MOFI sacd of "Cafe Blue". Pretty stunning stuff on these things.

Thanks Jay, I'm almost tempted to hit the road and offer 500, but I can't be buying anything else "just to have them" ;-). I do love multiple speaker setups and wonder what those Forte II would sound like standing next to the Choruses with there own ST70 running them..... Madness indeed ;-)

Bill

And dig the groovy name Guido Sansui - tres cool

Michael

Mike , I kind of stole it from the father guido Sarducchi character, the chain smoking cleric from old Saturday night Live. The Sansui 9090 when in top shape still provides a wonderful sound. I bought one in '76 and all my kids were raised on it. Can't compare to the Conrad- ST70 combo though... ;-)

And dig the groovy name Guido Sansui - tres cool

Michael

Mike , I kind of stole it from the father guido Sarducchi character, the chain smoking cleric from old Saturday night Live. The Sansui 9090 when in top shape still provides a wonderful sound. I bought one in '76 and all my kids were raised on it. Can't compare to the Conrad- ST70 combo though... ;-)

Yeah, I really miss my G-8000 which I bought new in '78 while stationed in Germany. Absolutely blew away my Yamaha M4/C4/T7 that I bought to replace it with for half the price.

Mike