promedia ultra 2.0: sometimes no sound

Godai85

Talk about I was suprised when I browsed this forums and found other people haveing same problem as me with same set of speakers. I bought my speakers in february 2006 from a retailer in Sweden, just before the 1 year waranty expired I started to experience sound loose problems. First I thought maybe its something with my soundcard. Than I got a brand new PC a couple weeks ago and I still have thesame problems. I loose sound, after some fiddling with the volume it comes back for a while and than goes off again. I contacted my retailer and they dont wont to have nothing to do with it. They say I should contact Klipsch, very easy for me to do when I live in Sweden.

It really sucks to pay this kind of cash for a pair of speakers just to find they are fawlty, and to top it of I'm not alone with the problems it would seem.

What should I do, any suggestions or is it that bad that I have to suck it up. Will no one take responsibility for this product.

I just started having this problem on my speakers also.

They have been great (apart from the wierd static on volume adjustment), but they just cut-out randomly. I power off and power on and they work a charm again. I first thought it was my computer, but I have tried it on another one, and same problem.

I mentioned it over lunch today with a friend of mine, and he looked surprised and mentioned he too has the exact same problem !!

Mine are out of warranty too, they are approx 15 months old.

Are we still sure this problem isn't widespread ?

Well it's been almost 4 months to the day when I got my ProMedia Ultra 2.0's for Christmas. My brother purchased them refurbished from Klipsch. Turns out I am having the same problem. Static when I adjust the volume and now the right speaker is cutting out.

I'm a bit upset... mainly with myself because I researched these and it saw these problems happening but still decided to take the chance. That will teach me.

So has the warranty been extended to a year now?

thanks!

Amy, what is the warranty length on new units, and what do I do in Australia ?

These speakers are great sounding, but if the build quality is sub standard causing this, or there is some inherent engineering flaw causing this, I would be hesitant to buy klipsch again. Particularly with how expensive they are over here.

Edit: I have checked my email logs and I bought these around late Jan or Early Feb 2006. Still searching for the receipt.

• Moderators

The manufacturer's warranty is one year on new units as well, unless the dealers you purchased them offered something above and beyond that. For international customers, you should get help from the place of purchase.

Thanks Amy.

Given I am 2 months out of warranty, there won't be any help from the retailer. You don't pay this kind of money for pc speakers to have them die 2 months out of warranty. And I know too many people with the same problem. 3 people, 4 pairs, and ALL of them have the same problem, and then there are all the people in the forums with the same problem. This is quite obviously a COMMON defect. When I had a video card die 2 months out of warranty (Hightech - HIS) the manufacturer replaced it as there was an obvious common problem.

Sad to see that Klipsch doesn't take the same approach.

Klipsch now has to go on my "DO NOT BUY" list.

Hello,

I am the friend Starsky is referring too, I have 2 sets of the Pro-Media 2.0's, both have the same problem with sound cutting out on either one or both of the speakers, has to be fixed by turning the units off & back on a few times.

I use one set at home & the other at work, somewhat of a co-incidence that they both suffer the same problems, no????

An issue like this really dent's my confidence in Klipsch as a company, what is looking more & more like a dodgy component problem is still being pushed back to warranty period based answers, I do appreciate that warranties are limited for a reason, but this appears to be becoming a more common problem that is caused by lack of adequate QA, a dodgy component basically.

I purchased mine fairly close to when they were released, maybe a bit over a year ago, I reckon you will see this problem pop up more & more in the future, needs to be dealt with fairly & competantly now, otherwise I will be forced to alos place Klipsch in the "don't go near" category..

my pm 2.0 just bought 2 weeks ago... and the volumn already come out some hiss sound when turning it ..... izzit got any waranty about it

very disappoited to klipsch product... my last set unbranded speaker already using about ten years also no such problem appear, klipsh product just two week only = =

here is a solution...perhaps you got a bad pair of speakers...return them or exchange them for another set...I also have two pairs of these...the older pair purchased when these were brand new work fine and are left on ALL the time...as for the other set, purchased off of eBay and by the looks of how many of these are being sold daily, some of them have to be from eBay...these are the pair that cut out...if you bought them from Klipch and are having problems, I believe Klipsch will wrok with you...throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not the answer...hope your problem get fixed...

Bill

Hello. me from Malaysia,

How can Klipsch listen to all these and do nothing?

Bought pm2.0 two days ago and read through this forum. OOhhh it is nightmare!!! The retail price here is quite expensive, it was like buying two ATP3!

With no sound I turned the volume knob back and forth and there was a scratchy unpleasant sound coming out. Did Klipsch used low quality variable resistor in their pricey speakers?? I am so sure that in the next 3~4weeks, i will joining the rest of you to blacklist all KLIPSCH product!

Eventhough if you claim warranty for a new set, but it is what it is!! For the next 2 or 3 months it keeps having the same problem....

So just remember that these problems all comes under one package!!

shahrass

And another, started a few months ago, within warranty period (damn). Isolated everything to the speakers. Tried different inputs, different leads, problem all appears to be linked to the volume control mechanism. This many people with the same fault, clearly a design flaw. Mine are playing properly at the moment, they sound great. I hope they keep playing properly for a while, I'll just try not to adjust the sound or turn them off - ever!

Do not buy this product - you have been warned!

...if you bought them from Klipch and are having problems, I believe Klipsch will wrok with you...throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not the answer...hope your problem get fixed...

I bought mine from an Australian retailer, not Ebay. Because they are out of warranty by 2 months Klipsch are NOT working with me. If this is a common problem, and it appears to be, they should be offering a part replacement on the dodgy component for ALL owners.

Come on Klipsch - Look at the number of people with these problems.... do you still think it is an ISOLATED problem

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two sets of speakers from a retailer and both sets, running on different equipment, have the same problems that others in this thread have found - the sound cuts in and out, sometimes only one speaker seems to be working, but there is no way of predicting which one, sometimes there is a lot of hiss.

When many different users, having purchased the equipment at different times and in different parts of the world - I live in Hungary - experience the same set of problems then it is unlikely that there was a manufacturing problem with a handful of speakers. It seems far more likely that the problems are the result of a design flaw.

Klipsch speakers are relatively expensive, and those of us who purchased them expect that they will work properly.

Like others, I will have to buy new speakers from another manuracturer (Logitech Z-2300), and never purchase any Klipsch speakers (including their high-end speakers) again.

Well,

After returning 1 set, the importer apparently tested them & found no fault, so basically I am screwed, despite the fact that I know I have sat at my desk & had them cut out completely on 1 speaker many times, can't vouch for or even name the importer as I bought the speakers through a retail distributor.

Game over Klipsch, never going to even consider buying one of your products in the future, I have used a set of Pre Media 41's for a few years, they died due to heat issues (another design fault), loved the sound from those & was really thinking Klipsch were a company worth supporting, not anymore.

Pro Media 2.0's are junk, pure & simple, expensive junk at that, I am so disappointed that I am having to write this, this thread is being consistently ignored & so are the people who spent good money on a bad product, bad form Klipsch, very bad form..

• Moderators

I'm sorry for the problem you have had. I have not been ignoring this thread, but I do encourage you to please call us and see what we can do for you. I can't offer warranty help on an annonymous forum, only suggestions for troubleshooting.

promedia@klipsch.com or 888-554-5665. Have you spoken with us yet?

Thank you

Email sent..

Whether you are ignoring this thread or not, there is no way for me to tell, I don't see a response & it appears from my point of view to be getting ignored..

Even if you cannot offer an end solution to the problem, complete silence in this forum does nothing but antagonize those people that feel they have a legitimate problem that needs to be addressed.

And thank you for offering us some escalation info.