Worldwide

Item location:

USA, United States

History:

4 bids

Winning bidder:

amackansus.gif( 70Feedback score is 50 to 99) s.gif

ugh... would of could of should of...

Maybe McIntosh will come out with a new pre amp at CEDIA next week or CES in January, and I will get the 119 or 135 pre amps at a discount.

OR maybe I am just being silly, too, I think a lot of us are in that .00001% tile of, do I really need this too? I mean the Sunfire is awesome.... I would just love to A vs B this though.. Curiosity is killing me with a dream of a McIntosh from my childhood.

OK, Back to your regular program...

I've had the privilege of enjoying 3 different McIntosh amps in my previous system, but I have never owned a Mac preamp (the SS McIntosh C36 was always my personal favorite, which inspired me to get a used (and more affordable) Carver C-4000 instead).

Since your Sunfire is no slouch either, it would be very interesting to A/B the pre's and see what differences (or similarities) they have between 'em.

• Moderators

Winning bid:

US $3,801.00

Ended:

Sep-09-06 13:21:19 PDT

Shipping costs:

Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details

Ships to:

Worldwide

Item location:

USA, United States

History:

4 bids

Winning bidder:

amackansus.gif( 70Feedback score is 50 to 99) s.gif

ugh... would of could of should of...

Maybe McIntosh will come out with a new pre amp at CEDIA next week or CES in January, and I will get the 119 or 135 pre amps at a discount.

OR maybe I am just being silly, too, I think a lot of us are in that .00001% tile of, do I really need this too? I mean the Sunfire is awesome.... I would just love to A vs B this though.. Curiosity is killing me with a dream of a McIntosh from my childhood.

OK, Back to your regular program...

You are forgeting that even though they are expensive, they make an ideal "Cat Warmer" and so you are really getting a lot for your money. When you factor that in the price is not so bad.[:D]

They sound incredible by the way.

Travis

post-15134-13819308257906_thumb.jpg

That's cute, Travis.

My brother chops has his HT setup in our family room, and just below his 109" projection screen between his center channel and his right loudspeaker lies his DIY dual 15" subwoofer enclosure. Our cat Sammy will sometimes also sit on top of the sub and stare up at the screen while we're watching a DVD. But if the action gets too intense, she'll get spooked by the images of people coming towards her on the screen and run off! Wish I had a pic of this to show ya...[;)]

Isn't that alot of money for that piece of equipment? Before you jump on me, I know it's a McIntosh, but $4000., by the time you add shipping,and insurance, just asking, that's alot of money to this old fart, wow.........I know it's really new.........I guess it's sorta like Cars, How fast do you want to go?..............How much do you want to spend........EH !!!!