A bit upset with Klipsch Dealer

Big Piney

I visited my local Klipsch dealer Friday to check on a subwoofer. I wanted to listen to some as I have never heard them. I had about decided on a Sub-12 from BB but I wanted to give the local guy a chance. I would rather support the small business before the mega conglomerate. Anyway, I walk in, tell the guy what I want and he says, "I don't have any Klipsch subs but I do have some Paradigm's that are just as good and cost less." I did not want a Paradigm and here is a Klipsch Dealer pushing that over Klipsch and not even stocking a Klipsch Sub. He said he could order me one and it would be here in a few days. Boy, what a letdown. I won't mention the dealer (Russellville, Ark) because I wouldn't want to embarrass him. Guess I'll have to go to the Mega 800-lb gorilla corporate store.

Buy it where it's LESS-expensive...........the little shop doesn't seem to care what you want, only what he wants to sell.........First sub? Up grading?.........If you tried Best Buy use the computer and see what Circuit City has.....usually cheaper and free shipping, there are so many places on line to look..........Good Luck.......lot of choices.....

Yeah, the place you are talking about is not much of a Klipsch dealer. I just about had the manager there convinced to start stocking some Klipsch stuff that would likely sell and was trying to educate them about Klipsch products. But Klipsch ended my relationship with the store.

Bob Crites

Yeah, the place you are talking about is not much of a Klipsch dealer. I just about had the manager there convinced to start stocking some Klipsch stuff that would likely sell and was trying to educate them about Klipsch products. But Klipsch ended my relationship with the store. Bob Crites

The next closest would be Fort Smith and that a days wagon ride from here. You are right he was not much of a dealer. When he demo'd the Paradigm sub I asked him if it was downfiring or what. He turned it up looked at the bottom and said he didn't know what it was. Must be coming out of them hole thingey's there. Jeesh.

Buckster: Circuit City doesn't have Klipsch that I know of. Best Buy stocks the Sub-12. I don't go for the LESS-Expensive all the time. Sometimes the cheapest is just that. My heart and pocketbook lie with the little guy. Because that is what I am. I am the chimpanzee fighting the gorilla! In a manner of speaking!!! I kind of like it that way.

FWIW, If you have an HH Gregg in your area, the one here just started stocking Klipsch Synergy stuff. However, I have been in three times in three weeks, and each time they tell me they haven't hooked them up yet. Maybe they have bilnd faith in Klipsch's advertising ability. Really a shame, because the Synergy stuff is actually quite good, especially at its price point.

I know it takes a financial investment, but it never ceases to amaze me that store expect you to buy audio gear without hearing it. I guess next they'll try to sell TV's without demonstrating a picture.

it never ceases to amaze me that store expect you to buy audio gear without hearing it. I guess next they'll try to sell TV's without demonstrating a picture.

Exactly right. Or spin you off to another brand. I may be wrong but I'll bet that store used the Klipsch name to sell me a paradigm that they make more gross profit on. Hell, just about everyone on this forum has more Klipsch than that dealer did. Boy, now my blood's gettin' up!!

I believe the sub12 also is a larger enclosure so probably goes a bit deeper. Ok it doesn't have a nice copper cone but you can't win em all.

The Sub-12 is rated at 24HZ I think.  Don't need copper.  I listen to movies and music in the dark anyway. [:D]

At DrWho's recommendation I went to hear a Sub12. I have to agree with him that this truly is a "sleeper" in the Klipsch line. I heard it putting out some impressive SPL and low response, yet it blended well and didn't draw attention to itself. It effortlessly filled the large warehouse of Best Buy with phat, musical bass. Definitely worth checking out. The Sub10 however, isn't in the same league.

I believe the sub12 also is a larger enclosure so probably goes a bit deeper. Ok it doesn't have a nice copper cone but you can't win em all.

The Sub-12 is rated at 24HZ I think. Don't need copper. I listen to movies and music in the dark anyway. [:D]

At DrWho's recommendation I went to hear a Sub12. I have to agree with him that this truly is a "sleeper" in the Klipsch line. I heard it putting out some impressive SPL and low response, yet it blended well and didn't draw attention to itself. It effortlessly filled the large warehouse of Best Buy with phat, musical bass. Definitely worth checking out. The Sub10 however, isn't in the same league.

That is one reason I settled on the Sub-12. Comments from some very knowledgeable folks on the Subwoofer Forum. Fit my price range and performance criteria. I just have to get to Fort Smith and hear it to verify the choice. Didn't mean to get a subwoofer thread started here but as they say, Stuff (sp?) happens.

No Klipsch at Circuit City....What kind of store are they? Sorry, I didn't know.............Me I like my JBL sub just fine.............Wish I owned a speaker that didn't need a Sub......

Maybe it's time to get rid of your bose ...

(insert "smack" sound from those Sonic commercials)

[:P][;)][:D]

Yeah, the place you are talking about is not much of a Klipsch dealer. I just about had the manager there convinced to start stocking some Klipsch stuff that would likely sell and was trying to educate them about Klipsch products. But Klipsch ended my relationship with the store.

Bob Crites

How'd that last bit happen Bob?

Any store that is a so called Klipsch dealer,must have in stock a few low end,mid range and upscale products(in this case subs).

Plus

When a customer has his mind made up about a brand you do not try to force something else,most of the time the sale is lost and you lose a customer for good.

Any store that is a so called Klipsch dealer,must have in stock a few low end,mid range and upscale products(in this case subs).

Plus

When a customer has his mind made up about a brand you do not try to force something else,most of the time the sale is lost and you lose a customer for good.

Oh yeah, when I worked at an apple store if we did not stock it..... I told them where to get them at another retail or online. Hell I could just tell the way some people give body signals that even if we had it they would not have brought it here anyways... So I directed them to where they could get it cheaper. Funny thing, when they don't feel pressured, they brought it at the store saying that we atleast were honest and that if it breaks or they have a learning curve they could come back and we would help unlike some big box dealers that will say ummm get a book or call their tech support. They paid more for our service, quality, and respect.