Car Audio

Fizzlemizzle

I asked this question last week. The answers were Diamond Audio, JL Audio, a/d/s, & Morel. I also ran across Exile Car Audio on a landcruiser site. These guys were Phoenix Gold engineers before they broke away. Good reviews & shallow mounting depths which is what I need, so that's what i'm going to buy. They will sell factory direct.

This is all pretty confusing, I really know next to nothing when it comes to car audio. The only thing i know so far is i will be needing 6x9 speakers for the rear and i'm not sure what size for the front. I was looking at some alpine stuff, it seems to have pretty good reviews. I'm not trying to spend too much on the whole thing, maybe 500 between the speakers and an amp (not including head unit). Advice appreciated

if you can afford separate amps and subwoofer, even a small one, it really helps your sound tremendously. Getting the low bass octaves out of the stock speakers by using the crossover in the amp is key to great car sound imho.

Don't let magnet size fool you. Some car manufacturers use the much smaller neo-dynium magnets, those great big ones you see on aftermarket speakers are just made of a different material, but might not sound a whole lot better.

Try just adding the new head unit and outboard amp first. Then if you must have new speakers all around, go that route. But you might get by with those and be able to do a small sub instead.

I have an all-Alpine setup in my Accord. Have 30 watts x 4 going to the stock speakers, then 120 good clean watts into a small JBL 10" box that sits behind my seat. It ROCKS.

Michael

^^Especially if that's true, start, like Colter said with Deck, and Amp. You may be in for a bit of money for install though, if you have to bypass the factory amp, etc.

Even if you can't do everything right away, you can always go bit by bit. You can easily sink a lot of cash into a nice system. If you do, make sure you call your insurance agent and get extra coverage. I learned the hard way.

Get a flowmaster exhaust, forget about the sound system. Listen to the engine and the rest of the car while driving. Listen to music on Klipsch at home. (Drivers wanted/the ultimate driving machine/a day without an alfa whine is like a day without sunshine/reserved parking for cars without cup holders/have you redlined your car today?/RTTR/if i can't shift it, i will resist it/etc).