Tercel is in the house!

anarchist

I had to report to my fellow members that my Tercel from JMA arrived and the phono preamp looks very nice and it is hard without picking one up to get a feel for how substantial this preamp truly is; it conveys quality.

Now I am wonderin'. Build it and enjoy the sound or just pack it away in the closet for 50 years and then auction it off on Ebay as a mint, unbuilt kit. If a $50 amp can become a $1500 item...

I will tell you that seeing it immediately made me realize that the matching Merlin II will probably be my next purchase. So great, I thought I was done and now am looking at "turning over" all my existing electronics. Thanks Mark.

Now I am wonderin'. Build it and enjoy the sound or just pack it away in the closet for 50 years and then auction it off on Ebay as a mint, unbuilt kit. If a $50 amp can become a $1500 item...

I bet Mark would be willing to sell you a second unit that you could stash away for fifty years.

I was just joshing. I will begin assembly tonight. Going to run by the Rat Shack and pick up a PCB and a few resistors and do a few practice joints before I actually touch the Tercel. I expect I will get it done tonight. Will try to snap pics along the way and create a "assembly" pictorial as I do so.

I think Mark, if you are creating the Merlin II as a "matching" component, I am going to have to buy it cause I think it would look too slick. Of course, maybe your integrated will "match" as well.

Managed to get a couple hours of build time in tonight. Build is going well, quite easy even for a novice and I am awed by the effort Mark put into this kit and its packaging.

If I have time, I should be able to complete it tomorrow and will then get the pics all posted along with any thoughts I have on the build experience.

I am kind of eager to finish it and do some listening.

"If I have time, I should be able to complete it tomorrow and will then get the pics all posted along with any thoughts I have on the build experience."

Damn, you're quick....I've been rebuilding a Eico ST-70 since the end of last May, and I still have more parts to buy and a couple months to go....

But I enjoy the process of doing it, with no real rush to listen to it.....that time will come.