Sunfire True Signature EQ 2700 watt subwoofer - DEMO

getech

Sunfire's flagship sub - At

13 inches cubed, the Signature woofer is still a fraction of the size

of its competitors, while generating more earth-shaking and musical

bass than something this small has any right to do. Rated very

conservatively at 116dB, this sub is awesome.

2700 watts of wall shaking power, clean, deep and solid. Demo unit, less than 4 months old.

$1489 delivered!

Sorry if I overstepped the forum rules here. Its just that Sunfire Subwoofers are the very best at what they do and in such a small package...perfect for just about any size room, AND 2700 watts to boot!

Again sorry if I went against the forum rules about posting such incredible deals that I have to offer fellow Klipsch forum members.

Cheers and happy listening!

I am sure the EAR is semi kidding.. but to some people they use this as a way to sell gear only it seems and never contribute to any topics.. too. Maybe with your low count.. we do not know you/ trust you/ have a feel for who you are in a community as this.. Where on ebay, it really does not matter I guess?

Good luck, I am sure it rocks!!!! And stop back in and tell us about your set up, or ones you have worked on, and add something.

Your fine. We appreciate good deals, trust me.

I can't resist making a totally out of line (albeit an accurate) unsolicited smart aleck comment...

2700 watts...hmmm. Well, now we know how good of a heater it is. [:P] [;)]

If you are going to try to sell that thing, you might want to state some meaningful audio specs, rather than simply how much electrical energy is converted into heat. [:P]

Good luck!

with all due respect...maybe a year ago i would've been enamored with all the accolades heaped on this unit...not today...not even close.

While i'm sure it serves its niche market well, it is an assault on size/space, not ultimate extension, transient response or spl.

I remember reading from somewhere that all the homedepot and lowes version of 20 amp fuseboxes are actually only 15 amp because most people who do home improvement do not realize or are lazy to change the 14 gauge wire to 12 gauge or 14 gauge copper to have the 20 amp. Professional installers are the ones with real 20 amp circuit breakers.

The 2700W figure is a PEAK,no woofer can handle a 2.7KW signal non stop,they will fry (VC).And no matter if TC Sounds makes a woofer with a VC rated at 3KW,if you passed this power for 12hours and a freq.where the cone travel is lesser...TOAST.

So the Sunfire 2700W figure is a peak,and the VC can take it,plus the amp can deliver that PEAK. PEAK ok PEAK not RMS or FTC rated

Rats, Andy W beat me to it!

But to go one further check out the owner's manual. Under "Line Power Consumption" it lists "2700W peak" and "600W average, at maximum continuous output". But this is power supply consumption not power delivered to the driver. So apply Andy's 90% efficiency rating (which is optimistic for any amp) and really this thing is about 540W continuous.

Bob Carver doesn't defy the laws of physics but his marketing department sure does.

it depends. I believe the rail system used by crown and qsc can deliver the quoted wattage or a bit lower if on a 15 amp socket but its deemed rms but because most music skips and does not deliver constant sine waves the amp has time to recouperate and charge the huge capacitors

it depends. I believe the rail system used by crown and qsc can deliver the quoted wattage or a bit lower if on a 15 amp socket but its deemed rms but because most music skips and does not deliver constant sine waves the amp has time to recouperate and charge the huge capacitors

Crown's rating is quite honnest,and yes music by nature varries in freq.and is an up and down in terms of draw.Any quality amplifier will have suficient storage in caps to meet and go above the specified specs.I have a few amps that will play for 15-20 seconds after you switch them OFF! So the high peaks are not a problem during normal operation.

OT..

Great sound fills the room...YES ,shakes the house...ERR sometimes. [:P]

Just a comment...

This reserve capacity - often referred to as the 'duty cycle' of an amp is an important factor, albeit more commonly seen as a limiting factor in large Sound Reinforcement (SR) environments.

While the Crown Itech, MacroTech and MicroTech models are all superbly designed for this application in this regard, the 'lesser' models designed for distributed AV systems are NOT! It is precisely in this regards that the models, such as the CommTech , etc. differ! That does not make these amps 'inferior'. It simply implies that they are designed for differing applications!

Having witnessed folks trying to use inappropriate "cheaper" model amps such as the CommTech in higher demand environments than those for which they were designed - often with tragic results - the result was the 'bottoming out" of the LF cabinet speakers in what sounded literally like a very unflattering 'flatulence' (yup - a fart generator), often resulting in real damage to the speakers! They were designed for environments where such extreme requirements are simply not a factor. This is due precisely to the differing 'duty cycle'. You get what you pay for.

But please note! These amps are not "cheaper" in terms of quality. Rather they are designed for different applications! An understanding of the needs and design considerations regarding these differing uses is an important factor to consider! Just as a Hummer is not necessarily cheap (inexpensive), it is not necessarily the most appropriate vehicle for use in the Indianapolis 500 (unless you are focusing strictly on its durability and surviveability factor along with its ability to accomodate a 50 cal mounted on its real deck! It all depends on what your intended USE is![:P])

Thus, when the recurring debate occurs regarding the difference or the suitability between the differenent models of pro-line amplifiers - be it QSC, Crown, Crest, etc., it is this reserve duty cycle factor that is a primary difference which determines the application dependent suitability between the various models in each manufacturer's product line.

Just to get back to point, I would agree that I'd like to hear more from GETech on his personal listening experience, his gear and Klipsch, specifically.

It's not so much a matter of rules as it is of impropriety to come onto the Klipsch BB to promote his business of selling Sunfire products.

It's a matter of balance ...

Chris

Hello,

I could not agree with you more Chris. There is a lot of dealers here on the forums. You would not beleive the PMs I get from dealers trying to sell one of there products to me. In my opinion most of the dealers are here to make some extra money. I work in the industry. I am not a dealer it upsets me to see this. In my opinion it is a cheap shot trying to sell on the forums. What's the matter they are not good enough in sales to sell at their place of business? I just had to say somthing the dealer thing has gone to far.

rmlowz