Did I make the right decision? Bought full 35 setup

liquidice

Wish I had thought about going to these forums before I made my purchase!

I recently bought a full set of 35 speakers, pair of RF35s, RS35s, and an RC35. They sound great, but when I was purchasing them I noticed there was a new Reference line out to replace the 35s for a little bit more money. Is the new line that much better? If you were in my shoes would you have ordered the new reference lineup? I know for some people, newer isn't always better especially when it comes to things that are somewhat subjective like speakers.

I know I've read here that the RF7s and RC7 would have been better, but they were quite simple out of my price range. In fact the RF7s sell for about what I paid for all of my speakers combined :)

Maybe one day I'll upgrade, but for now this is a huge improvement over mish-mosh of Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400s, and Promedia 5.1 Center that I had wired up to my receiver.

You made a good choice,you've got quality speakers and did not break the bank. Know that the more you spend on speakers the more you should invest in the amp/preamp and sources.All this can add up very fast.

RF35's are plenty good.And will tie you to music and HT untill you are ready to jump even higher.

You should have researched a bit more and sprang for the R series......oh well, you can certainly upgrade when you can. I don't know about you but just having second or third best always kills me.

Good luck my friend!

Which are the R-series? Do you mean Reference series? The ones I bought are Reference series, but I don't know what you mean by R-series. If they were a lot more expensive than buying the RF35, RC35, and RS35s then I don't think I would have been able to afford them! At this point in time for my small room I think the 35s will probably do just fine. I'm just unsure if I should have gone for the newer Reference Series, RF82, RC62, and RS52s for slightly more.

As far as having the best, in most things I've bought there's always better. Like cars, there's always something faster, or more luxurious, but the dollars only go so far :)

Thanks to everyone else too, I appreciate all the comments. Next time before I buy Klipsch, I will definitely try to get some feedback here! For now I'm enjoying what I've got.

I think you made an excellent decision. I recently purchased the Reference 35 Home Theater. I have 2 RF-35 front, RC-35 center, 2 RS-35 surround, 2 RS-35 rear surround, and a RW-12 sub. I love it and is sounds great being driven by a Yahama RX-V1600.

If it sounds good to you, you made the right choice.

It is always possible to spend more money but there comes a time that we have to be practical. I also learned that Klipsch will always have something better on the way. You could wait for the best model but that would require waiting forever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

You did good enjoy them, Like they said If it sounds good to you it is good.

What you have is much better than 90% of what the average person would buy.

Most people on this forum would not be considered average![;)]