Klipsch and SVS

BBB

Hello ,as you can see I don't post often but I would like to express an opinion to a group of people who obviously care alot about the quality of sound when listening to music or home theater.Fact:I'm over 50 years old,have played music both professionally and as a hobby for nearly 40 years.I'm not going to list my gear that I now have or had over the last half century except for 2 items.I consider them at the top of my list of the 10 best additions I have made to my home audio system in the last 5 years.They are the Klipsch Reference Series (RF-7's RS-7's,RC-7)AND the SVS Dual CS-Ultra subwoofer combo.As far as MY ears are concerned this is a marriage made in audio heaven.Yeah ,yeah yeah it's the old geezer giving us mouth music.Well I've been around the block a few times my friends and with the equipment you purchase also comes the quality of the people we need to back up our investments.I trust Klipsch and SVS for being the best in the quality and service they have provided me.I just thought I would mention the good experiences I have had with these 2 companies in case some of you have been trying to decide on a new addition for your systems or buying your first set up.Take my word for it, I looked around these boards and others for suggestions and it was a big help reading what all of you have had to say. Now I've had my say. Marvelous.Take care everyone and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.Billy

I have the KLF-20s, KLF-C7, KSP-S6s, and a KSF-S5 for my rear center. I also have a KSW 200 sub. I have been thinking about getting a SVS 25-31CS (tuned to 22) for an additional sub. How much wattage should I be looking for in an amp to run the SVS, and what suggestions are there on amps for this sub. I know about the Marantz MA6100(500) rated at 200 watts into 4 ohms because I have one for my rear center, but I really am thinking about getting a 2 chanel amp for another SVS in the future. I do not want to spend a lot of money in as much as I am teetering on the edge of my wife's HT expenditure threshold.

Why not just get the Samson S700 that they sell with it? I believe the sub is $369 but it's $729 with the amp. An outstanding deal in my opinion. The amp is 350w/2 into 4 ohms as the SVS is a 4 ohm sub. I have one with my 20-39 CS and couldn't be happier. Well, as soon as I get the 2nd 20-39CS. Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Well Mike, I'm going to use a circa 1989 NAD

2100 power envelope amp.

This amp has a lot lower power rating than

the Yamaha 440watt power amp with the 35watt pre-amp.

But it's been bridged 4ohms running a 15' rockford fosgate pro series 8ohm car sub in a home-brew ported

box for 3,4 years now and barely gets warm.

But this sub is 200watts with 400watt peak.

The NAD has pretty good dynamics, with big power

supplies and should be okay.

But I know it will be working harder with a pair

of 16/46's, and this is why I remain kinda skeptical.

I could get a higher powered amp if necessary.

TV is pretty certain I'll be fine.

THANX!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!