HT w/ forte II and kg4's

newcomer

HI, I am New to this forum. Ive been a long time owner of a pair of forteII's and kg4's. Is it possible to put together a home theatre system with these speakers. Forte's in the front, kg4's in the rear, and perhaps an acadamy for the center. Is it possible to do 2-channell only until i purchase an acadamy. Looking for a recommendation on what I can put together here. I have a sony surround sound5.1 receiver with speakers that arent that impressive. I find it hard to hear the dialogue. Looking forward to hearing some suggestions. Newcomer.

well newcomer...sounds to me like you have the makings of an outstanding Home Theater system...enjoy...I have never heard Forte's or the Forte' II but I have their little brother Quartets and they are a fabulously satisfying speaker to me...enjoy and keep us aprised of your progress.

Bill

I agree with all of the above. Personally, I started with a pair of Forte II's. When it came time for home theater I added whatever I could find for surrounds and ran phantom mode. It wasn't that bad. Then I found an Academy. Just run phantom until you get an Academy, it's not even worth the trouble to hook up another center for Forte IIs. Once I had the Academy I knew I was onto something, so eventually I found another pair of Forte II's for surrounds. Overkill for surrounds? Maybe. But it works. Notice there is no sub yet. Still isn't. It would be nice to have a real true life sub but it is icing. Now I have two pair of Forte II's for future flexibility. You know what I am talking about, these are great speakers that fit most anywhere.

Quartets fit into the same family, if you get a good deal get some. You can mix and match from this line at will. Depending on your space availability, you can use as centers any of the Forte II, Quartet, Chorus II for center duty but for close quarters only the Academy is video shielded from the factory.