I Like It

tuned4life

At the wifes insistance I had to get 2 pairs of la scalas out of the living room to make room for her new furniture. I moved the 2 pair of lascalas into the sun room. To make room for the lascalas I had to move my 2 pair of cornwalls into a bedroom. To make room for the cornwalls I had to sell a pair of la scalas I had stored in the bedroom.

Now i have just 1 pair of heresy's in the living room. To my surprise it sounds pretty good in the living room with the heresy's.

Before i could set my lascalas up in the sun room I had to build a cabinet to house my receiver, decks, and turntable. I am no carpenter but it will keep the dust off my gear.

When the 3 week reorganization was finally finished I achieved nirvana.

The sweet spot is a reclining rocker I bought for my dad just before he passed away. I have the chair positioned so that the speaker seperation is perfect.

I didnt agree to selling the lascalas until the wife agreed to a pair of K horns for our 24 x 30 addition that will be complete by spring.

post-18012-13819311613318_thumb.jpg

11 years ago the only heat source was a field stone fireplace. We installed a nice airtight wood stove and sealed off the fireplace. We installed a couple of monitor keresene heaters for back up but never use them. We burn mostly hard maple, cherry, and beach. We go through about 17 face cord a year.

This area has the best hard cherry (black cherry)trees in the country. 10 years ago 25 cherry logs paid for the 20 x 20 addition.

• Moderators

looks like Tuned4life is living 'au natural' [:o]

You mean there is another way to live, besides 'au natural'. We must have missed out on that?

Our only source of heat is a wood burning stove, however we don't use quite that much wood. The heat a wood burning stove produces is very different from electric or gas. It doesn't seem to dry out the air as much.

Yes, the speakers are beautiful, quite a collection. I think the speakers have found an equally beautiful home. Congratulations on the addition.

BTW, your significant other is pretty lucky to have a collection of speakers like that.

pioneer cs 99a. behind the removable lattuse grill is 15 inch FB woofer, 5 inch Fb mid, 4 inch FB mid, multi cell metal horn tweeter, and 2 super dome high freq. tweeters. 100 watt max at 8 ohms.

They have sentimental value to me because I bought 4 of them brand new in 1976. I paid 299.00 each for them. I bought alot of cs 99a's off ebay in 2000. Prices were high in 2000.

I currently have 2 mint pairs for sale.. 200.00 per pair for anyone who could pick them up in western N.Y.