Hearing is believing....

homemadeheresy

Went to Radio Shack this afternoon, to pickup some input terminals that didn't handle the last move so well. Picked up some Monster Cable that they had on clearance for 9.99, hooked it up this evening and turned on some James Taylor, and the difference in sound is amazing. Clearer and lacking the hiss that accompanies loud levels between tracks. I'm a believer. Now to get some more cable for the other two sets.

I'm glad it works for you...I will neer say what somone else can hear but I picked up some of that clearance Mon$ter wire (couldn't really beat the closeout price...$9.99 for 2X20' with gold pin terminals)...traded out my Carol branded 14GA lamp cord...I hear absolutley no difference...the jacket on the Mon$ter is really nice though...Enjoy!

Bill

Sounds like a classic shielding issue that got corrected with new cables. If you're unlucky, instead of hiss on the poor shielded cable, you'll actually pick up a radio station - seems like the frequency you were picking up is just noise in your area (inbetween stations).