LF-10 Is Back

matt_a

That certain site also has a KLF-C7 center up for grabs. There's been some frenzied searching for those lately.

Whats the deal on the lf10? Better ...more sought after than the ksw15? Why? What do they sell for roughly?

Nevermind Smile.gif I just read the 9 reviews on audio review. Confused.gif I would not buy a sub that was discontinued due to design flaws and quality issues. I don't care if klipsch stands behind them or not. That's too big of a gamble IMO.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Eyes.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-23-2001 at 10:28 PM

There are currently 10 more available, they either found a hidden stash or these are customer returns. Ubid is an authorized Klipsch seller, but what I can't understand is why Klipsch lets Ubid advertise these as NEW ! There are not, and when I got mine from them over a year ago it was obviously used and was one of the ones scheduled to go back to the factory for 'refurbishment', but never made it there. I have the infamous gasket leak.

I'd even guess that they're in production again, maybe? One of our local Klipsch dealers is advertising the LF-10 sub in their current flyer.

Ross

Added note: I guess I should clarify that the sub they're advertising is the LF-10B. I don't know if that's a more recent version of the LF-10, or if that "B" just indicates the color (the pic showed a black sub).

------------------

My System's Stuff

This message has been edited by RossVTaylor on 11-25-2001 at 05:16 PM

Well, I had to go check for myself. Sure enough, one of our local dealer's got LF10s in stock. There was one in the demo room and they said they've got "lots" in their warehouse. I scanned the ad FYI.

BTW, our other local Klipsch dealer doesn't carry the LF10 but they have RSW-15s in stock for $1699.

Ross

------------------

My System's Stuff

Just wanted to mention that sometimes audio stores add their own nomenclature to a model number for their internal purposes. I don't dispute either Ross' or Forest's assertion about the meaning of B in LF-10B, but the store that Ross is referring to often adds letters to the model numbers on its own.

Doug