Best engineered and recorded CD's

JetJockey

Acoustic Alchemy: Against The Grain Acoustic Guitar

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Christy Baron: I Thought About You Jazz

Jeremy Davenport: Maybe In A Dream Jazz (Trumpet & Vocals)

Jesse Cook: Gravity Acoustic Guitar

One excellently recorded CD that I often use as a reference disk is

Vox Tempus - In the Eye of Time:

B00065L6ZM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've found this album to be superbly recorded. Track #8 "Love, Lies & Treason" is a definitly worth checking out.

Another disk that I found to be very well done is Beyond Twilight - For the Love of Art and the Making:

B000FEBW5S.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V5120241

However, these are both progressive metal albums, so I don't know if that is up your alley, but I found these to be really good from a recording standpoint.

Mark Cohn, The King Singers, Allison Krauss, Chuck Mangione, and many of the Sheffield CD's.....all very good! Most of the "UNPLUGGED" versions are also very well recorded.

As for more contemporary music, I LOVE Bony James (sax), and his CD's have quite a variety of talented musicians/vocalists.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned!

Tunnel and Tricycle are my favorites from Flim and the BB's. Good recordings from DMP, and good music too.

James Newton Howard & Friends from Sheffield Lab (friends include some members of Toto).

In The Digital Mood (Glen Miller) from GRP, most people like big band, and it's well recorded.

Warning (Billy Cobham) from GRP, well recorded, kick-in-the-gut fusion, good 28hz content.

DMP, GRP, and Sheffield Lab all offer samplers as well.

old, but a Classic ..

Steely Dan ..Aja

done very well for the time

I second the Dire Straights as well.

It is not the cleanest recording but for R&R with best ioc class electric guitar soul; the reissue 2 disc set of Allman Brothers Fillmore East I listen to 3 times a month.

Yhe top two were the two I was thinking about as I read this thread. I need to hear the Allman Brothers Filmore East CD

For music MOE - Wormwood is in the top 10 redbook cd's I have,as good as any dvda/sacd I have .For dvd The Blues Travelers @ Red Rocks is also an excellent dts presentation,as is MOE Live @ The Fillmore dvd just released.