UPS Called today.

Fyre_Junkee

They wanted to take the speakers and boxes for an estimate. My wife took the call, since I was at work, and more or less told them to go pack sand. She let them know that these are expensive speakers, and that I (me) was not going to let them out of my sight. (especially since they are the ones that hosed them up to begin with). The lady from UPS said, ok, we will send an email requesting pictures.

They did, I am going to take the pictures, and see what happens from there.

WW

I wish you good luck in your dealings with UPS...I am in week 10 of my wait for UPS to make good on their lousy packing job of a pair of PERFECT Klipsch KM-4s that the seller hauled throughout his tenure in the Military only to be destroyed by the goons at UPS and their packers...I sent back the destroyed KM-4s and have been waiting impatiently for them to make good on their insurance policy...and my loss is only $200 bux USC (beside the loss of a nice sounding and perfect speakers that I had bought below market value and will never get the pleasure of enjoying their sweet sounds nor will anyone else...)

Bill

Sad...said it before, will say it again....I worked at a UPS hub back in 1990, and YES, ALL THESE COMPANIES CARE ABOUT IS GETTING TRUCKS PACKED AND COUNTING MONEY. Your "fragile/glass" stickers make NO difference, the typical package handler is a college moron, there is NO mercy when they are packing trucks, the companies slave drive the handlers to death - and your packages suffer. BUX BUX BUX.....your packages mean NOTHING but $$$$$.

Chris

Sad...said it before, will say it again....I worked at a UPS hub back in 1990, and YES, ALL THESE COMPANIES CARE ABOUT IS GETTING TRUCKS PACKED AND COUNTING MONEY. Your "fragile/glass" stickers make NO difference, the typical package handler is a college moron, there is NO mercy when they are packing trucks, the companies slave drive the handlers to death - and your packages suffer. BUX BUX BUX.....your packages mean NOTHING but $$$$$.

Chris

You are completely right. Within 10 minutes from my college there is a major hub for UPS distribution. They frequently seek out college students to load/unload the trucks. My brother was looking for a job at the time and went to look into UPS as a possible job. The people that load and unload the trucks literally toss the packages onto the conveyor belts. Any packages that get damaged or things that loose its package are sent to some random guy at a table. This guys job is to add pieces of cardboard to the box that is missing any or replacing the package into a box, then taping it all back together. I personally will never deal with UPS for this very reason, there is no care. DHL is another story. I've never had problems with FEDEX, but probably a few here have. There is really no safe way to ship things anymore.