O.T. Just wanted to say

m00n

What a pain in the butt ripping off wallpaper is so you can paint your walls. And yes, I have one of those round scribie things that scribe the wall paper and then you put the solvent on. It does not work all that well. It helps but not much. Leave a lot of glue paper on the walls. So, I have to go back and put the solvent on the crud left behind and use a scrub brush to scrub it off.

Oh yeah.. Loads-O-Fun. [;)]

are you spraying with DIF? use a small pump style garden sprayer, mix DIF with warm water- run paper tiger around- spray with DIF, it should strip right off.

Don't have the bottle in front of me, but it's some kind of wallpaper remover stuff. Rolling the liquid on with a paint roller

The worst is if the installer did not prime, paint, or size the drywall first. Wallpaper hung directly on naked drywall is horrid to remove.

Follow the directions above and let the stripper do it's thing. DIF breaks down the glue somehow- it's action is sped up by piercing the paper's surface (be careful not to go too deep), and heat (that's why you mix it with hot water.

I recommend using a plastic putty knife so as not to gouge the wall's surface.

M

Our house is finally wallpaper-free. The previous owners had it up in the kitchen and one of the bedrooms.

The bedroom had 3 layers of wallpaper! Even with DIF it took is a solid week to get all the crap scraped off. It really was terrible.