Donors needed!

Hi Everyone,

It's Trey's better half, Kathy. Not only do I keep Trey in line, but I also teach Pre-Algebra to seventh graders in the Indianapolis Public School system. I was recently told about a website that allows teachers to submit proposals for supplies needed in their classroom. I have submitted three proposals for a total of one classroom set of TI-84 Plus Silver graphing calculators. This technology would make math class fun and interesting for my students. Also, this is a great opportunity for a tax deduction for you as a donor that benefits inner city children.

Please check out the links below.

Thank you!

http://www.donorschoose.org/locale0/donors.php?action=view_proposal&id=54461

http://www.donorschoose.org/locale0/donors.php?action=view_proposal&id=54469

http://www.donorschoose.org/locale0/donors.php?action=view_proposal&id=54471

Those are some Bad-A$$ calculators, not only graphing, but they'll do financial calculations much like the HP12C (a staple of business students nationwide) , and statistics also!

Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent.

Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions, and 3 recursively-defined sequences.

Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals, and derivatives.

7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn.

Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose,

augment, reduced row echelon form, and elementary row operations.

Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa.

trans.gif

trans.gif

More Info . . .

List-based

one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic,

sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power,

quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial

regression models.

3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line

plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and

normal probability plots.

Advanced statistics features including 9 hypothesis testing

functions, 6 confidence interval functions, and one-way analysis of

variance.

15 probability distribution functions including Normal, Student-t, Chi-square, Binomial, and Poisson.

Business functions including Time-Value-of-Money (TVM), cash

flows, and amortization. Full screen interactive editor for solving TVM

problems.

More info at :

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&prodBlockOID=537254446&expansionOID=-536879772

Thats one mean machine for 7th grade pre-algerbra students. They must be some fast tracking students.

My 3 kids who are college students didn't need a TI-84 till they hit college. The TI 81's and TI 83's carried them thru High School, and lower model TI carried them thru junior high.

I chose these because of the amount of memory. I can download many different applications and programs from the TI website for my students to use in their learning. A lesser model will only hold a few applications. Plus, I have a TI Navigator to link all of the calculators together by way of hubs to a computer. This uses quiet a bit of the calculator's memory.

Thanks for your interest.