Just Bought HK 430

christjared

greetings! I just won a HK 430 on EBay! After reading most of the reviews about the 430 in the forum, I decided it was my time to enjoy it. Now I have to wait for it to get here, dont know how long i can wait though. Its going to be close to see which new piece of audio is going to get here sooner, the HK 430 or the HK 3480, either way in about a week i should be doing pretty good. I know the 3480 has outputs for a differnt amp, could i hook the 430 up to the outputs and use it to power my kg4's, or should i just listen to them separately and decide on which one to keep?

I know the 3480 has outputs for a differnt amp, could i hook the 430 up to the outputs and use it to power my kg4's, or should i just listen to them separately and decide on which one to keep?

Yes...

The 430 doesn't have jumpers between the pre and power section. You could, I suppose, feed in the tape loop. You would probably be repeating some of the ciruitry, though, and not do you much good. Or go ahead and try it. Maybe feed the tape out of the 3480, into the 430 aux input. Then you would just use the gain on the 430 to adjust the volume.

Congrats on the 430. I tool mine back out of my system, until I can replace the caps. Plus, it doesn't sound as great as the Moondogs. It's still great for the money though, and I'm not knocking it.

I think i might try the 3480 as the main receiver for my video inputs, and then use the 430 just to power my kg4's, maybe get another pair of kg's but the room is kind of cramped. Has anyone in here done a wall treatment behind their speakers, like foam or someother sound treatment? If so what did you use and where did you get it? The college dorm walls just arent cutting it, really thin and i think all the sound goes through them especially with the KG4's woofer on the back.

christjared,

When you receive the 430, Please take a few minutes and with a can of compressed air, remove the cover and blow out the Unit. Then check the Fuses, to make sure they are ok.

As others have said, you will probably notice a popping sound when the unit

is first turned on- Make Sure the Volume knob is turned Down when the unit is

first turned on, and when you go to shut down...............

Pictures are nice also ! Good Luck.

My 430 would make noise for the first five minutes or so after powering on, when adjusting the gain. I was going to chalk it up to aged caps in the PS. I can't imagine they did that when new. If I let it sit for a few minutes before doing anything, it is very quiet. I just figured I would treat it like a tybe amp. [;)]

Bruce

Mine just makes a little burp, but is a little disconcerting. I don't think Joshua's makes any sound at all on powerup or down. I'll have to ask him. It' sthe gain control that makes a racket until it is a little warmed up. Loud crackles and such. After five minutes it's quiet.

Bruce

The HK 430 is a great little receiver,I installed one lask week for a friend,with Klipsch RF82's as mains.Sounds quite good and the amp section put to shame a Sony he had,it was a landslide win for the HK 430.

You have a great recievr in the 430.I was quite impressed after I did the setup.

You could always try it connected to your 3480,I would run it as a standalone receiver with the kg4's,and find a spot in the house. [:)]

I would run it alone with the KG4's in another room, but im still in college and well im limited to one room. I really dont know why i bought both the 3480 and the 430. Well i guess i bought the 430 because i wanted to hear what everyone else was talking about. I will hook them up together at one point, but i will demo each of them alone compared to my AVR 130, which at this point didnt sound to great tonight i have no idea why.