Members Weekly Recommendations Nov. 11

oldbuckster

I go away for awhile and the weekly thread dissappears.......What's Up with That? I thought you had firm control of this thread................Come on Sheriff Let's get going, I want to share some Music......................

GET YOUR YA-YA'S OUT : THE ROLLING STONES.....CD...N.Y.CITY.... 1969

Well here we go....This is the album that turned the corner for me...never a big Stones fan, for some reason I bought this album and have been on the Bandwagon ever since, this is a Raw, gritty, full of feedback, almost primative LIVE album...and a great display of things to come.....What a band.....Mick out front...Charlie, and Bill laying down the Rhythm, and off to the side Keith Richards, and brand new band member, a young Mick Taylor...this is Mick Taylors first tour with the band....and what a debut it is....this is what rock and roll is all about;

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. Carol

3. Stray Cat Blues

4. Love In Vain

5. Midnight Rambler

6. Sympathy For The Devil

7. Live with Me

8. Little Queenie

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. Street Fighting Man

Great song list...very RAW, and unpolished versions of future Stones Classics...Micks bantering in between songs, crowd noise, Madison Square Garden, where else can this album be done...NO WHERE.....Give the songs a good listen, the Chuck Berry songs never sounded better, the feedback....I love it......all great songs with the Highlight to me being "Sympathy for the Devil".....Sit back, close your eyes and enjoy the DUAL LEAD GUITARS.........Mick Taylor, and Keith Richards swapping the lead back and forth....They have never been given credit for dual lead guitars....it's there listen...left., right .left .right, distortion, feedback...yeah man twin leads, What a Band....remember it is 1969, they are young, full of energy, just starting to get a feel for the Rock and Roll game....I could rant on forever about these guys,but you would get sick of it..........So, go buy, borrow or steal this album....give it a fair listen, and maybe just maybe you can understand where I'm coming from.........TRUE FANS already know.....It's the guy on the Fence I'm after................PAINT IT BLACK, PAINT IT BLACK, PAINT IT BLACK YOU DEVILS........

Many, many apologies for not getting this up last week. Got in

late Monday, worked the polls on Tuesday pretty much collapsed when I

got home on Wednesday. You get the picture.

Thanks to Buckster for stepping up. We'll just run this through the following Monday.

By the way we have a brand new winner of a Klipsch tie-tac and BS

Button. And for about the 3rd time since we had these drawings

it's beginners luck.

Put your hands together for JetJockey. One post in this thread and he's scored some loot.

It's the luck of the draw folks, so don't play poker with this guy.

My suggestion for this week is:

Freddie Hubbard, "Keep Your Soul Together", lp, smooth jazz I guess.

One kick butt trumpet player with a tight little group of soul/jazzers

producing very smooth sounds. Circa 1973. I know nothing about

this guy but it's very well recorded, and much more than background

music. Only quibble is I've never been much of a fan of electric

piano especially the ones they use back in the day. Not a bad set of

tracks if you can find it.

Hi all, Just picked up Led Zep DVD. Probably been reviewed on here before. I have to say, the sound Quality is absolutely stunning. This is one of the best mixed and best all round sounding DVD concerts I have heard. I am very picky with sound and have over 40 concerts, this is one of the best. I have never heard kick drum pound you in the face like this disc, everything is so clear and the sounstage is so wide and full, simply dazzling stuff from 25-35 years ago. Video for the most part is also good considering most of the older footage was shot with 16mm. Robert Plant and his team should be given an award for this fantastic piece of history.

Highly recomended,

Cheers, Jet Jockey.

Hi all, Just picked up Led Zep DVD. Probably been reviewed on here before. I have to say, the sound Quality is absolutely stunning. This is one of the best mixed and best all round sounding DVD concerts I have heard. I am very picky with sound and have over 40 concerts, this is one of the best. I have never heard kick drum pound you in the face like this disc, everything is so clear and the sounstage is so wide and full, simply dazzling stuff from 25-35 years ago. Video for the most part is also good considering most of the older footage was shot with 16mm. Robert Plant and his team should be given an award for this fantastic piece of history.

Highly recomended,

Cheers, Jet Jockey.

Great recomendation. One of my all time favorites too. I'm thinking of buying a second copy ( just incase something happens to the sound). I never heard DTS, Dolby Digital have such an analog richness to it.

LOOKING IN :SAVOY BROWN...after 20 plus years of not owning this fine gem, what a good feeling to get an old friend back home again........this is the last Savoy Brown album with Lonesome Dave, Roger Earl and Tone Stevens before they left to form FOGHAT...What a great piece of music this album is.....this has CLASSIC written all over it...................Damn I haven't stopped grinnin' since it showed up...Albums like this make me like Rock even more. Great Playing, great singing, Killer sound, well produced, finely crafted songs.....NEVER MIND THE BULLOCKS...........Get this album, I dare you not to grin.......double dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!