I'm all tore up (or progress finally begins on my FP HT)

eq_shadimar

Michael -

Thanks for the comments. Yup those are the Coaster Showtimes in taupe.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but the all the front speakers have about a 2" riser under them. I used a laser pointer and aimed the tweeters just a bit below the ear height of the second row. Due to the riser height calculation that also happens to be the correct height for people sitting in the front row as well. It sounds awesome in either row. I am going to hold a listening session soon so I will get some second opinions at that time but for now I am a happy camper.

Laters,

Jeff

Nice....very nice indeed. You did an awesome job with a fairly small room. One thing though.........

Talk to me about them rear surrounds that are facing into the corners. You trying to be funny or what???? [:)]

Tom

Tom -

Thanks for the nice comments. Now the rear surrounds, I know it looks weird but it is one of the sacrficies of cramming that theater into the room. Pointing the Heresys into the corners allow them to diffuse the rear effects. Having them pointed into the room really just did not produce the same enveloping sound field for movies. Ideally if the room was wider I would have had them on the sides. If it was longer I would have had them to the rear and sides. My first thought was to hang them, but once again the room is working against me. I mocked up a speaker box and it was just to close to being a head cracker. I may do above and in the back but actually it sounds really good as is so I am going to wait until after a couple of listening sessions with fellow Klipsch heads before I make any radical changes.

Laters,

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are some folks coming over this weekend and I realized that I had not posted updated pictures since I installed my actual 2.35 screen with custom borders. So here are the updates. The screen is a Da-lite Model C manual pulldown with their High Power material. It has a viewable area of 52"x122.25" with 4" borders on each side, 23" border on the bottom, and a 6" border on the top.

Here is the screen installed

P1010074_web.jpg

Some screenshots. These are with and without the theater lights on (in real life the image is just over 10 feet wide!):

P1010077_web.jpg

P1010078_web.jpg

P1010096_web.jpg

P1010097_web.jpg

Laters,

Jeff