For Discussion... How about a 7.1 system using seven RS-42's????

fst96se

Ok folks, for discussion here.....

I may be interested in possibly doing a 7.1 setup consisting entirely of the Klipsch RS-42. I currently own one set of these that I have mounted as surrounds, and am running a set of RF-82 fronts and an RC-62 center.

I listened to these at lenght last weekend in the store where I bought them, and when paired with a sub, I thought they sounded astonishingly good. I thought they sounded better than many of the Klipsch bookshelf speakers, and even gave the RF-82's a run for their money. It was strange! I was listening to them only in two channel.

It should be noted, I very rarely listen to my system in two channel stereo, if I listen to music I generally do 5 channel stereo.

I want to know what experienced audiophiles think of this as a potential theater set up. I guess my biggest question would be how one of these would work as a center, since none of the speakers fire directly forward. I just think that three of these in the front (and four of them in the rear) would make an abolutely perfectly sonically matched setup.

I just can't get over how good they sounded for straight music! I am thinking this might make a good "poor man's THX Ultra2" set up!

K, now please, someone talk some sense into me!

Oh, one other thing, with the money I would save doing this setup versus the 5 speaker setup I currently have, I could get all seven speakers AND another sub.

Gimme your thoughts!

ONE MORE THING, one of the salesmen at this store actually has this exact setup, and says he absolutely loves it for HT. He previously had the set up I currently have, and says he likes the seven RS-42's better.

• Moderators

You may want to be a little nicer this time around. I just read your other post (the one where you wanted to sell your speakers) and you got a little nasty when someone pointed out the warranty issue.

We are all like family here. We watch each other's backs, just like we will for you. And yes, a lot of us on this forum can be sarcastic, but there are limits, especially if you are a "newbie".

So, best of luck and I do hope you get the advice you are looking for.

See if you can audition the set-up at the salesman's place or better yet get a trial period with no questions asked return priviledges and hear if you like it better. Personally, I prefer full range speakers to trying to get a sub to fill in correctly. Your room will have a lot to do with what sounds good to you.