Recommend DVD player please!

Klipsch-daddy

Well I have come to the conclusion that my sony dvp-s360 has crapped out on me. Can anyone make a good recommendation on a dvd player. I would like to get a 5 disc between 300.00-400.00 range. Or a realyl good single disc. Must gI would like to be able to adjust the speaker volumes in the dvd setup also.(my current one does not have this option)

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Sorry, I cant think of anything of the top of my head. What happend to your sony? How long have you had it? It seems no one has good opinions on a DVD player, that all agree with eachother.

The only MULTI disk players I'v seen for that price are Pioneer. Not that there bad, I dont really know.

www.audioreview.com is a good place to check.

------------------

Matthew

I am pretty sure the dts decoder is "going south", plus it is starting to pause in frames during dvd's that dont have any scratches.

------------------

My HTS:

I have been told that a progressive scan dvd player will not enhance my picture. no hdtv.

------------------

My HTS:

I have the Denon DVM-3700. It's a 5 Disc Changer. Some of its features and functions are: AL 24 Processing logic for analog reproduction, HDCD capable, DTS, DD (AC3), GUI functions for on-screen display and Burr-Brown DACs. I bought the unit because of its strong musical performance, mainly due to the exceptional Burr-Brown DACs. Its great DVD picture quality was an added bonus. However, it will not play CD-R/CDRW media, nor does it have DVD-A or SACD capability. Music play is its strong point. Other members have reported similar results with Denon's newer DVD-3300. The 3300 can play DVD-Video, DVD-Audio and CD discs. Both these players are within your price point. Should be a matter of determining what features and functions you want, then finding a good player that meets those needs. Don't forget about the Chroma Bug that's affecting various DVD players.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

deang,

The problem is that MPEG decoders in some DVD players are not properly converting the 4:2:0 format chroma information on the DVD to the 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 format that video encoders need. The bug in the decoders can be seen on screen as discoloration & jagged edges on some brightly colored objects.

You can read more about the MPEG decoding problem at this site...http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_2/dvd-benchmark-special-report-chroma-bug-4-2001.html

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

ShapeShifter,

Do you know of any dvd players that DO NOT have the chroma bug.. The Sony I have now does have it.

------------------

My HTS:

Sony has a new player that does SACD (don't know the model #. DVPNS500?) I think that one gives you the option to do speaker adjustments on the DVD menu. I think some JVC's do too, and they are pretty decent players, you can maybe find their first DVD-A for pretty cheap if it's still around.

The Panasonic RP91 is one of the players (progressive scan) that does not have the chroma bug.

It is a single disc player.

I've been very pleased with its performance. It is also higher than you wanted to spend. I got it for 500 including shipping.