Blueberry Xtreme in the house

George Roland

My Blueberry Xtreme arrived from Juicy Music last night. I didn't have time for an extensive audition, but what I did hear sounded really good over my K-horns. The sound was very detailed with a stable, deep soundstage. So far, I'm very pleased. After my recent shipping disaster with a pair of Welborne SETs, it was a relief to see the box from FedEx arrive in pristine condition.

I hope to write more about the sound after I have had a chance to listen more extensively.

I'm very grateful to all of those folks on this forum who recommended this preamp to me. Thanks guys!

George

Yep... I love mine more and more every day. If you are a vinyl guy you will love it. I would imagine you are or you would have opted for the Peach. Don't hesitate to get the Cream option if you are using (or thinking about using) a LOMC cartridge. It makes my Denon DL-103 just sing!

Mike

• Moderators

George,

Excellent move, I am in the same boat as you, except I have had mine for two months and have no time to really listen to it. Part of the problem was I wanted some special, one of a kind, matched resistors for the phono section with Mark kindly arranged for me, I have those in, but now I am in the process of upgrading my TT, moving things around, etc. so have not been able to try the phono section. Just been playing reel to reel when I can.

It will be interesting to see what your thoughts are on it once you have had time to let it settle/burn in.

MARK: What is up with your new avatar? Is that a large woman bending over to pick something up, or is that the ohm/omega symbol? [6]