Recomendation for interconnects.

@silverfox@

Is there validity to having directional interconnects that have little arrows on them? Is there any value in that or has anyone noticed a difference? I don't get the point. (and I'm curious as to which way they should point? Arrow TO the amp - right?)

Oh yea!! If you install them backwards the sound will come out of your preamp. If you do this with just the right cable the preamp producing the sound will way out perform your speakers.

LMAO!

""Is there validity to having directional interconnects that have little arrows on them?   Is there any value in that or has anyone noticed a difference?   I don't get the point.   (and I'm curious as to which way they should point?  Arrow TO the amp - right?)""

Wires with arrows on one end, are designed to pre-vent ground loops (a source of hum).  This is done by leaving the shield unconnected on the side with out the arrows.

The inter-connects that have arrows on one end, usally require the end with the arrow, to be connected to the input side of a connection, meaning from the CD player, tuner, cable or sat reciever, etc, to the reciver or pre-amp input.  Or if you have seperate amps, the arrow side of the connection would go on the amp input connection.

The purpose of the arrows is to identify which end of the cable has a traditional connection, meaning signal wire connected to center pin and shield wire connected to the outer clamps of the RCA plus.  On cables that provide arrows on one end, the side with out the arrows, only has the center pin connected to the wire core, and does not have the wire shield connected to the RCA plug clamp pins.

Is there validity to having directional interconnects that have little arrows on them?   Is there any value in that or has anyone noticed a difference?   I don't get the point.   (and I'm curious as to which way they should point?  Arrow TO the amp - right?)

I believe it has to do with which RCA end is shielded.  The arrow does matter, it should be going FROM the source TO the amplification system.

Yes, correct answer.

The wire has one end without the shield connected.  This arrangement prevents ground loops.

Is there validity to having directional interconnects that have little arrows on them? Is there any value in that or has anyone noticed a difference? I don't get the point. (and I'm curious as to which way they should point? Arrow TO the amp - right?)

Oh yea!! If you install them backwards the sound will come out of your preamp. If you do this with just the right cable the preamp producing the sound will way out perform your speakers.

LMAO!

Well at least someone has a sick sense of humor like me!!

I have read other high end interconnect manufacturers technical explanations that they put arrows on for directionality of the signal, unrelated to grounding. From a pure directionality of signal flow for best sound based on how they make the cables. So I can understand Craig's joke.