rf-82s reviews and a crossver question

scottyg

I suggest you slow down take a deep breath and not take what you read on the internet to seriously. Do you hear some major problem with you speakers? Did these folks that stated that supply information on what the changed? I'd like to see what was said can you point us to those comments?

Craig

Good grief, the world has gone crossover crazy. Just get 'em and play'em. What we mostly do with the stock networks is upgrade the capacitors to a higher quality version of what they are already using. You have to be borderline mentally ill to want to do anything like that to a new loudspeaker.:)

Good grief, the world has gone crossover crazy. Just get 'em and play'em. What we mostly do with the stock networks is upgrade the capacitors to a higher quality version of what they are already using. You have to be borderline mentally ill to want to do anything like that to a new loudspeaker.:)

Dean

I watched "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" last night for the xx time. I think you must be McMurphy. What a great movie.

Its not a crazy topic at all because it seems this forum has been flooded full of questions regarding the upgrade of the crossovers in the old and new klipsch reference series. but as said a crossover upgrade for a brand spanking new speaker will not make an amazing difference (if you do make a difference it will most likely be for the worst!) most crossover upgrades in my understanding are performed on older speakers like the Klipsch heratage line, were with the older models some of the components on the crossover like the caps, may go bad with time and shift in value because of degradation. The RF-82 is a great sounding speaker, and IMO no passive crossover upgrade will be able to make it sound noticably better.

"...and IMO no passive crossover upgrade will be able to make it sound noticably better."

Don't think I can agree with that.

I got the impression from his initial post that he thought he should change them out because from all the posts about crossovers there might be something wrong with them. I wanted him to know that they're fine and to enjoy his new speakers. That doesn't mean I don't think they can't sound subjectively better by using higher quality capacitors.

"...and IMO no passive crossover upgrade will be able to make it sound noticably better."

Don't think I can agree with that.

I got the impression from his initial post that he thought he should change them out because from all the posts about crossovers there might be something wrong with them. I wanted him to know that they're fine and to enjoy his new speakers. That doesn't mean I don't think they can't sound subjectively better by using higher quality capacitors.

Thank you Dean.

M