Tonight's Curiosity Question

kdcarroll

I'm buying Sat. Radio for my wife's suv for Christmas. She prefer's XM, even though her Mazda is pre-wired for Sirius. So, assuming I want to make her happy in light of her buying me Heresy for Christmas,;what make/model do I get, and which vendor for the install?

I've seen DIY kits at Sams, etc.; but I want the installation to be clean without any of the dangling wires my fellow faculty seem to endure.

What do I get, and where do I get it??

Thanks as always!

Ken

I have NEVER had any good luck w/CC or BB, and now ALWAYS stick w/local car audio installers if you want it done right. Many include FREE INSTALL w/purchase.

Personally, I would check around for the best bargain.

BTW, auto starts are HOT and have been for the past (2) years. Everyone here locally is slammed w/installs.

Best wishes and happy holidays......now I need to eventually get a set of Heresy's too!

I never thought I would be willing to pay to listen to the radio. I guess we all thought that about TV too. But the XM satellite thing is making me reconsider. Especially playing thru the Bose 6 speaker/sub setup in my truck. Yeah, it actually sounds good. Good luck to you.

Keith

Paying for RADIO is mean...................AIR WAVES have always been free................I can't believe pay for listen Radio....just like the NFL, "we'll never charge to watch our games", remember that statement? Now with Thursday and Saturday games on NFL network, if you don't buy the package, you don't get it.............but.........It's not pay for view........right? Pay to listen Radio...........SUCKS.............I don't care how good you think it sounds, your still paying to listen to radio...............................UNBELIEVABLE................................

Paying for RADIO is mean...................AIR WAVES have always been free................I can't believe pay for listen Radio....just like the NFL, "we'll never charge to watch our games", remember that statement? Now with Thursday and Saturday games on NFL network, if you don't buy the package, you don't get it.............but.........It's not pay for view........right? Pay to listen Radio...........SUCKS.............I don't care how good you think it sounds, your still paying to listen to radio...............................UNBELIEVABLE................................

Previous posts have indicated disappointment with the sound quality of sat rad. If it has full coverage in the remotest parts of the country, and you do a lot of driving through such places, I could maybe understand, IF you had to hear the news instead of your own hand picked cd's.....

Several of my friends have XM, and while it is very clean, uninterrupted music (or whatever your pleasure), in rural areas the signal does drift, and when it does it SUX!

Kinda like cell phones before all the relay towers were put up to provide FULL range of coverage.

I HATE DEADZONES (lol)

i got your deadzone swinging....

I hear ya OB...never thought i'd pay for bottled water either.

Thanks for the good advice!! I'll check around tomorrow.

As to your holiday wish for Heresy - I just read an ad for a guy selling three (3!!!!) Heresy I's for 225 a piece.

I'd be glad to forward the number if you wish?

I'm interested if in AR though I don't know what in the hell i'd do with them.

I'm buying Sat. Radio for my wife's suv for Christmas. She prefer's XM, even though her Mazda is pre-wired for Sirius. So, assuming I want to make her happy in light of her buying me Heresy for Christmas,;what make/model do I get, and which vendor for the install?

I've seen DIY kits at Sams, etc.; but I want the installation to be clean without any of the dangling wires my fellow faculty seem to endure.

What do I get, and where do I get it??

Thanks as always!

Ken

Ken

I have Sirius in one golf car & XM in another. The content is about the same to me. Audio Express does really clean installs. They have locations in

Searcy, Conway & Jonesboro...maybe others. Searcy # 501-268-1222

I have XM in three vehicles and two home docs in the house. LOVE it. Period. Best thing since sliced bread. When traveling on the interstate you don't have to mess with fading radio signals every few miles and I actually listen to talk radio most of the time anyway. I never listen to the local stuff anymore. The audio quality to me is pretty good compaired to standard radio; just don't expect cd quality. Purchased all my gear used through Epay. If you do buy her a radio spring for the home dock too, it's worth it.

I hear ya OB...never thought i'd pay for bottled water either.

OR ,air for your tires at a service station, It's crazy, and the general public accepts it. Remember in 70's and early 80's you got nice,(decent) Radio's and stereos in cars, you don't anymore, unless you want XM or Siruis reception, then you can pay for a good unit.....................It's getting so you pay for everything....................yeah, HD-TV if you buy the unit, you have to buy cable or a dish to get the right broadcast signal.......PAY, PAY, PAY, what's next......................CD Players that charge by the play................DVD players with a coin slot to pay for watching rented movies..............