CES 2007

fanbrain

Is anyone here going? This will be my first time. I recently started working for a home theater/ home automation installation and design company and they want me to go this year. I will be stopping by the Klipsch booth and I'll be armed with a camera and lots of memory.

PS- This is my third or fourth time writing this. I use a Mac and the new forum doesn't play well. (I'm posting this via Safari- I was using Shiira, then Opera before.)

My best advice, get there "at the opening" in the am, Every Day... There is a LOT to see, trust me! When you get your list of "must sees" with your guide book, you can map them out the night before what you need to do or see. This is work. (And no, I do not mean drinks and looking wide eyed at the x rated adult AVN Expo every day either...lol) Things are spread out in Vegas.. I like to people watch and see where the trends are going.

I often asked guys at lunch "Hey what did you like or see anything unusual that you thought was cool u saw at the show? Sometimes, the responses were enlightening. When your done with your work, cruise the aisles for just fun stuff you also have a interest in. The stuff from Japan, China in general all kinds of gadgets from BS stuff, to cheap crap to $400,000.00 esoteric speakers... It's all fun. LOL Drink lots of water...

You might even beat some of the vendors to open their booths..LOL, but so may people drink, gamble, and party too hard in Vegas, the show needs a good hour or so to open and warm up. THIS IS A MUST.... Wear good shoes you can walk in. Your going to walk a lot and I mean a LOT! Take a lot of business cards, Make sure you get your badge before you go.... Just be yourself, too. I always used a backpack to carry literature... Some of the freebies you need to go to booth to booth to get stamps.. So again good to start at the openings each day.. ( like DTS or THX discs..) Empty out your literature each night too in your hotel room. Read the trades..daily, and seek out the trends.. and Have Fun!

Last thing... relax.. be professional, and above all, did I say have fun?

I will be there the 7th 8th and 9th to catch up with old acquaintences and to do some work and some playing...

I went to the adult show one time when CES was all in the Convention Center and the XXX stuff was downstairs. Those girls may look good at a distance, but up close??? ARG!!!

Rough....

Of course, I didn't recognize any of them...[A]

kg