Is there anything, I can do?

bongo4

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiovox-Automatic-TV-Commercial-Volume-Regulator_W0QQitemZ280056340170QQihZ018QQcategoryZ61395QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280056340170

54 bucks on ebay...not saying you should buy this one...but this is the type of gadget you should look for.

If you have an onkyo reciever, later models has a switch for mid-night mode, which will keep the volume constant.

Recent JVC TV's have a feature called smartsound, which auto adjust volume between commercials.

My yammie has an option to turn the muting from -infinity to -20, it's just enough to dunk the commercials, but still catch enough audio for when the game comes back on.

And how about those annoying sound effects? Horrible, especially when they woosh around the room or are LFE heavy. Takes away from enjoyment of the game.

I have always thought that it is illegal for ads to be louder than the programming. Ad firms say that the sound is not louder. The perception that they are louder is due to the fact that they are constantly at the limit, instead having dynamics like the program. It is not unlike a piece of music labelled fortissimo from start to finish.

I have always thought that it is illegal for ads to be louder than the programming. Ad firms say that the sound is not louder. The perception that they are louder is due to the fact that they are constantly at the limit, instead having dynamics like the program. It is not unlike a piece of music labelled fortissimo from start to finish.

Oh, like CD sound you mean?