How do I upload a Jepeg?

ClaudeJ1

Doc,

You might want to amend that to say "with some operating systems and some browsers" and "fewer supported with each alleged upgrade of forum software."

Bob

Hey Bob as near as I can tell the forum software is based off of microsoft .net technology which explains the craptapular search functions and limited browser support. It has a mssql back end which is the good news as it is a solid database backend. However, .net is terrible and does not play well with other operating systems or browsers as we have experienced. The forum administrators unfortunately have to wait until idealbb developers can make it right. I just got a developers preview of OS X leapord in the mail can't wait to give it a try.

or maybe mac's just suck [*-)][:P]

But seriously, I've had no problems with every flavor of unix I've tried (red hat linux, freebsd - which mac OSX is built off, suse linux, and solaris sun). In all honesty, if it works with that many flavors of unix and there built-in browsers, then it's certainly not a server side issue. There is nothing inherrantly wrong with the .net framework - it just gets a bad wrap because there are so many microsoft haters in the world. Isn't firefox available for mac? It's way better than the silly safari browser. Heck, even internet explorer for mac is better... I will probably be swinging by the studio over the next few days to give the new forum upgrades a test run on a mac (G5 with OS X Tiger).

or maybe mac's just suck [*-)][:P]

But seriously, I've had no problems with every flavor of unix I've tried (red hat linux, freebsd - which mac OSX is built off, suse linux, and solaris sun). In all honesty, if it works with that many flavors of unix and there built-in browsers, then it's certainly not a server side issue. There is nothing inherrantly wrong with the .net framework - it just gets a bad wrap because there are so many microsoft haters in the world. Isn't firefox available for mac? It's way better than the silly safari browser. Heck, even internet explorer for mac is better... I will probably be swinging by the studio over the next few days to give the new forum upgrades a test run on a mac (G5 with OS X Tiger).

I guess that is why MS went so far as to make vista look like OS X : ) 

I have tried the forum on linux, osx, solaris and it is crap on anything but explorer. It is another example of microsoft inventing their own standards. I'm sorry but you need someone very very very very good to make .net work properly but that is not happening here internet based applications should work on all modern browsers period. Don't get me wrong I think microsoft writes the best office software in the world and there SQL Server is my absolute favorite top notch and I trust it very much. I think their OS is crap and also their development tools but everything else is peachy : ) Nope firefox isn't mac lol I like it as well it is the best browser around.

There is nothing inherrantly wrong with the .net framework - it just gets a bad wrap because there are so many microsoft haters in the world. Isn't firefox available for mac? It's way better than the silly safari browser. Heck, even internet explorer for mac is better... I will probably be swinging by the studio over the next few days to give the new forum upgrades a test run on a mac (G5 with OS X Tiger).

BULLSH*T! The forum software sucked even with Windows.

I guess that is why MS went so far as to make vista look like OS X : )

I

dunno, I'm running Windows Vista Business (64-Bit) right now and I

don't know if I would agree. Apart from the gadgets, nothing is similar. But I don't see how any form of "copying" is

a bad thing...nobody complained when Apple

moved to x86 processors [^o)] I would much rather companies stick to

tried and true methods rather than continue to invent their own new

standards [:o] (ah yes, your next point...) [;)]

I have tried the forum on linux, osx,

solaris and it is crap on anything but explorer. It is another example

of microsoft inventing their own standards. I'm sorry but you need

someone very very very very good to make .net work properly but that is

not happening here internet based applications should work on all

modern browsers period.

I totally agree and didn't mean to imply that .NET was the best tool

(especially for the internet) - just that it does have its own

advantages elsewhere (otherwise nobody would ever use it). I certainly

don't blame Klipsch for using a .NET forum when their entire backbone

was already using it.

Don't get me wrong I think microsoft

writes the best office software in the world and there SQL Server is my

absolute favorite top notch and I trust it very much. I think their OS

is crap and also their development tools but everything else is peachy

: ) Nope firefox isn't mac lol I like it as well it is the best browser

around.

I'd agree that an untamed windows

installation is "crap" - but once one learns how to handle the quirks,

I find it to be more than adequate. Not perfect by any means, but there

really isn't anything that can't be done without a little massaging.

It's just a matter of the learning curve involved - and the same is

going to be true for all platforms.