Valve Art KT-88s...

SilverSport

They are. Would never guess a "teslovak" was made there as well, would you? Particularly since - "These vacuum tube were designed from the research and development conducted by our Penta engineering staff in joint cooperation with the original Tesla Chinetz factory in the czech republic."

Reminds me of several audio equipment manufacturers - Sherwood, Outlaw, and others - who all have a certain product manufactured by an OEM in China and then state their individual engineering staffs designed the product while the OEM advertises the item directly and will badge it under whatever name. Stick a different label or knob on it, change the parameters in the software and suddenly it is a "unique" product.

All the information on the Penta sight is old and out dated. THEY HAVE TWO VERSIONS OF THE KT88 listed on the sight at this time. THE INFORMATION IS NOT CURRENT SINCE THEY NO LONGER SELL TUBES RETAIL. The actually sell to tube dealers and large OEM's . They indeed have two shugaung factory made KT88's at this time. One is the KT88-SC and the other is a KT88-98( BUT THIS TUBE IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THE TUBE THE "THE TUBE STORE" Sells.

NEVER BELIEVE EVERY THING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shuguang will print any label you want on these tubes and as I mentioned to Craig before, he should contact them and get a NosValves labeled tube which he could sell himself. That would be cool.

I'm not in this to "be cool" gooossshhhhhhhhhhh I leave that for Fonzy!!

I knew it. You're in this to make a living aren't you Craig? How pathetic! How can you sleep at night? OK, that's it, I am selling my VRD's if that's really the case. [:P]

If this is true then why do the Valve Art KT-88s and the Electro Harmonix KT-88s sound so different to me??? Money notwithstanding???

Bill

The EH tubes aren't made at the Shuguang factory. They are made at the Xpo-Pul factory in Saratov Russia.

Dean, thanks...my bad, I was responding to someone else...it SEEMED like someone was saying that all these Tubes were made at the same place and were all the same Tube with different names on them...my response was supposed to read that the shapes of the Tubes are different and that they make some in Russia and some in China...I don't see HOW they can all be the same Tube...my misunderstanding of someone else's explanation...

Bill

Craig...the Ruskies had been "burned in" by their previous owner...I won't relegate them to the trash bin...but...;)

I may get my Valve Arts just after Christmas...:)...so I can enjoy them with the new crown I am going to get for the tooth the dentist found at my cleaning yesterday...

Bill

Anarchist,

I have a simple question for you. How many different types of Chinese made KT88 do you or have you owned and inspected?

Craig

I own one quad. It doesn't take ownership to review the facts and read the documentation provided by each of the manufacturers nor does it require ownership or personal inspection to talk to tube dealers. It isn't like the information is privy to just a few folks.

I don't know what you got from the Tube Store but what I got matches every photo of a KT88-98 I have reviewed. I don't think there is a big market in fake Chinese tubes.

I have never owned a Lear Jet either but I know the difference between one of those and a Piper Cub.

Oh yes and I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks Mark for the bias info.

Anarchist,

I have a simple question for you. How many different types of Chinese made KT88 do you or have you owned and inspected?

Craig

I own one quad. It doesn't take ownership to review the facts and read the documentation provided by each of the manufacturers nor does it require ownership or personal inspection to talk to tube dealers. It isn't like the information is privy to just a few folks.

I don't know what you got from the Tube Store but what I got matches every photo of a KT88-98 I have reviewed. I don't think there is a big market in fake Chinese tubes.

I have never owned a Lear Jet either but I know the difference between one of those and a Piper Cub.

Oh yes and I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks Mark for the bias info.

Exactly what I thought. I rest my case.

Craig

Curious what KT-90s you were using...

thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan,

If you were asking me, I am still using Ei KT-90s...mine sound wonderful with BIG bass...when I tried my spare Tubes, Electro Harmonix KT-88s, the seemed to have more mid and perhaps a less harsh (ar maybe just cleaner or clearer) highs but at the cost of losing the bass...I prefer the Ei KT-90s to the Eh KT-88s...and looking forward to my VA KT-88s to be the best of the three...

Bill

Craig

You have no case. This is your typical lame-*** method of attacking someone. Does it make you feel better?

You would cry in your soup if I attacked you the same way for no damn reason. I recall you not knowing $hit about tube amplifiers not that long ago. When did you get your first tube amp? When did you get your first set of Klipsch speakers? How many Klipsch speakers do you own?

It is asinine to attack someone and base your whole argument on the same old tired tripe. You can do better.

I will reply in both threads meagain...Craig has a point of me not giving the Eh KT-88s a fair tryout as I only had them in for a while (1 day) and I don't KNOW that these were used very long by the previous owner so...back into the VRDs gor the Electro Harmonix KT-88s...out go the Ei KT-90s as I know how they sound...and I have to wait until after Tuesday to give the new to me Valve Art KT-88s a spin...

Bill

Craig

You have no case. This is your typical lame-*** method of attacking someone. Does it make you feel better?

You would cry in your soup if I attacked you the same way for no damn reason. I recall you not knowing $hit about tube amplifiers not that long ago. When did you get your first tube amp? When did you get your first set of Klipsch speakers? How many Klipsch speakers do you own?

It is asinine to attack someone and base your whole argument on the same old tired tripe. You can do better.

Pecky pesky pesky. Boy can we get nasty when on the ropes LMAO!!!!

No kidding.

No reason to get snippy Robert. I just wanted to point out there are some physical differences between the tubes even though they come out of the same factory. Your, "PS. Valve Art, Penta, Ruby... all Shuguang tubes" comment gave the impression that all of the tubes are the same and just being rebranded. I noticed you quoted yourself regarding some of the differences, but you evidently pulled it from another thread -- because it sure isn't in this one.

Ummmmmmmmmm who was getting snipping right from get street????? I'm not the only one that noticed. Oh and by the way at that point I had not typed a single word in this thread.