Dtels' Special Visitor

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I just wanted to let everyone know that another forum member will be visiting with us tonight. Groomlakearea51 and his family are spending the night in Picayune on their way home from visiting their family in Little Rock.

I hope Groomlake was able to meet with other forum members while in Little Rock.

We will be serving the traditional New Year's Day Dinner, Baked Chisesi Ham (a New Orleans favorite), Smothered Cabbage, Black Eyed Peas and Rice along with hot dogs for Groomlake's young son!!!

We are looking forward to meeting him and his family...I guess we better be on our best behavior as Groomlake is in the Law Enforcement field. We wouldn't want to give him a bad impression of the "dtel gang".

• Moderators

Seems like the "action" has been non-stop for the last two months down there!

Give those Groomlakers a good dose of Dtel hospitality and Happy New Year!

Yes it has been non-stop, and fun, but glad it's over. Although another week with CP ( Mr Klipsch ) would be fun, with no wedding going on at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting some Groomlakers today !

Arfandbark, Thanks again for the HK, it gets alot of use, and sounds great. The poor thing probably thinks it's back in the 70's as much as it gets used.

• Moderators

Groomlake, Groomlake's wife, Groomlake's daughter and Groomlake's son made it to town around 4:30 p.m. on 1/1/07.

As promised the dtel gang prepared dinner for the Groomlakes. After some initial conversation and dinner we retired to the living room, which of course resulted in "sharing audio stories" and listening to Klipsch. Groomlake's family is well versed in Klipsch. Even Groomlake's daughter, who is a sophomore in high school praised the high standards of KIipsch. Quite an impressive family.

Seems Groomlake's love affair with KIipsch goes back to his military days, when he owned his first pair of Heresys. He was surprised after a listening comparison of the Forte II's and the Cornwall III's. He commented that although each pair of speakers has differences, the sound quality from each is in fact superb.

Groomlake dropped a little package off to dtel for use in our garage. I'll let dtel tell you all about it.

Seems he also had the opportunity to visit a couple of Forum members while in Little Rock. He was impressed with some of the work Bob Crite's is doing and really enjoyed his visit with Daddy Dee (all I could say was "Of course" to both of those comments).

We asked why he didn't post much on the Forum. His reply, "Dial Up". He is in law enforcement, and even their office is still equipped with dial up. Seems Okeechobee County in Florida only has about 35,000 residents. He hopes in the near future to have access to high speed internet service.

We did share all of our stories about the Pilgramage with him and urged he and his family to come to Indy. Seems his entire family is very active in their local 4H program and that may present a scheduling conflict for him, as state competition is in June.

Groomlake extended an invitation to the dtel gang to visit he and his family in Florida in July. Looks like we may take him up on the offer.

Once again, and as always couldn't have asked for nicer people to visit. You can't liking the folks on this Forum.

• Moderators

Run that H/K like the red headed stepchild that showed up on your porch she is....

Keeps her joints loose.

She like stretching her legs.

ROCK ON, dtels!

Like dtel said, that H/K probably thinks it went "back in time". It gets a real work out around this house. Thanks a million Arf.

• Moderators

Yeah, they play a wide variety of musics down there I can tell you!

What was the Dr. John CD about N'awlins that you played while we were cooking up all that shrimp? Great stuff.

Dr John........N'Awlins Dis Dat or D'udda

Blue note records, EMI 2004