.FEED BACK DESIRED ,[Daed , Dr. Pyro, thanks Whamo] Central New York [Utica N.Y.] Get Together

markgod

Must be nobody cares about the food except Dave[Dr. Pyro] ,he will take barbeque , and the rest I guess will be eating my dogs food ,of coarse I only buy the best dog food available,so you are in for a real treat "California Naturals" [;)] You know last time Old Buckster visited ,I could have sworn the dogs food dish emptied out real quick that day ,not to mention the silverwear.[6]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be nobody cares about the food except Dave[Dr. Pyro] ,he will take barbeque , and the rest I guess will be eating my dogs food ,of coarse I only buy the best dog food available,so you are in for a real treat "California Naturals" [;)] You  know last time Old Buckster visited ,I could have sworn the dogs food dish emptied out real quick that day ,not to mention the silverwear.[6]

Oh, you nevern mentioned food.....do you have any food for old and overweight dogs like me?  The young puppy stuff makes me hyper and heavy.

Must be nobody cares about the food except Dave[Dr. Pyro] ,he will take barbeque , and the rest I guess will be eating my dogs food ,of coarse I only buy the best dog food available,so you are in for a real treat "California Naturals" [;)] You know last time Old Buckster visited ,I could have sworn the dogs food dish emptied out real quick that day ,not to mention the silverwear.[6]

I saw that...................GEE, long ride home, needed a snack for the ride................Your dogs could afford to shed a few pounds, anyway.................I didn't think you'd notice....................damn man.....................

This Saturday coming up real fast, with a single stall garage all attatched to the house on the right side. Less than 4 miles from Utica Thruway exit ,to my house pretty much a straight shot.You can do map quest and get an aerial photograph , the only problem is the "end "is off , they show the 2nd house on the right as the end , you have to go a bit further then you see a building that sits back off the road ,then my house just beyound it.

Final Head Count

1. Markgod & wife

2.Oldbuckster

3.Dr. Pyro

4.Whamo

5. Daed & wife

Equipment . VRD's , 75' K-horns with ALK trachorns , Dean's auricapped modified A networks and BEC tweeters, Craigs blueberry preamp ,I do have a turntable .need some albums if anyone has any to bring. I have a decent CD player a modified Onix equal to a $1700 Cairn "fog" . I also have my Diva M7 preamp , Dr. Pyro is bringing a very nice Sony 9000ES SACD , . The other piece of "special equipment " I had mentioned will not be available ,it has an interesting story behind it though.

Make sure you bring some of your own special music to hear. If anyone else has a piece of equipment you would like to bring as far as an a favorite amp ,now is the time to mention it . I do have a seperate room that has a plasma TV ,with an older Sony STR D915 reciever with a DVD player ,a pair of forte and a pair of KG 4 . If anyone wants to bring any concert DVD's . I have one on Neil Young "Heart Of Gold" his latest where he does "Prarie Wind". That should cover it

So, I'm going tommorow and I figured I'd better give Mark a call. His wife answers and Mark's not home so I ask his wife if I could bring another guest because my parole officer doesn't want me leaving town unaccompanied. There's a lonnnnggg pause and it was way too funny. Sorry about that but I had to do it. See you all tommorow. Mark

To All,

We had a great time ,regretfully oldbuckster was not able to make it . Considering the weather I am really suprised that Dr. Pyro made the trip from Buffalo area , as there was very light freezing rain ,more like freezing mist. Daed and his wife made it ,along with Whamo without his probation officer . As usual there was not enough time in my opinion , I tried to give them a full sample of music. Craigs blueberry preamp ,took a rough ride via Fed Ex arrived with a broken tube ,and other tubes out of their sockets , today I had a slight hum in the left channel , so Craig I dont know exactly the damage it sustained , a loose ground possibly?We did listen to some vinyl ,although I did not have much in the way of vinyl to offer. When I hooked up my pre the VRD's were dead silent . All present commented about the VRD's sounding well , but I would rather let them post their own opinion ,although Daed has not been very vocal as yet on the forum maybe this will cause him to post his impressions, he has quite an extensive collection of Klipsch , K-Horns ,LaScalas and more. I would like those attending to express their opinions ,before I say much more. We ended by going to Piggy Pats barbeque. Willpost more latter on.

Mark,

Don't sweat the hum its most likely just a tube. Them darn vintage 6DJ8's can really be a hassle. I'll fix it when it gets here no big deal. Glad you all had a good time.

I know what you mean about not enough time. I always roll my eyes when folks are having a get together and the list of equipment rolling grows. I think rolling gear at an afternoon get together is a huge waste of time. Just sit back and enjoy the tunes is a much better and enjoyable approach.

Craig

Mark, I'm sorry I didn't make it, and I want to Thank You for the phone call. I had hoped to get someone to ride out with me, and help drive, because 2+ hours belted in one spot, was alittle more than I can do right now. I held out hope till the last minute, but no one would come with me, add on top of that freeezing rain, -0 weather, and I think everyone will understand. I looked forward to meeting the guys, and was real interested in meeting Whamo, the man with 3 teenagers under one roof. I am real glad your VDR's have worked out, because I was kinda' shocked when you said you were going back to SET's, funny the things you overlook sometimes. Your right, we can do something in the spring, and I appreciate your offer to do so. I know that in the end it's best I didn't try to make the trip alone, it would not have been a smart move at all, and my wife was dead set against me driving that far alone at this time. I am glad everyone had a good time, sorry I missed it, but your wifes probably happy, she didn't have to guard the silverware............EH !!!!

Mark,

Don't sweat the hum its most likely just a tube. Them darn vintage 6DJ8's can really be a hassle. I'll fix it when it gets here no big deal. Glad you all had a good time.

I know what you mean about not enough time. I always roll my eyes when folks are having a get together and the list of equipment rolling grows. I think rolling gear at an afternoon get together is a huge waste of time. Just sit back and enjoy the tunes is a much better and enjoyable approach.

Craig

Craig,

The only equipment we rolled ,were the preamps , mine and your blueberry ,and my CD player and DR. Pyro's Sony SACD and that was plenty in one afternoon . started out about 12:30 ,went to about 5:00 , played quite a variety of styles of music . Dr Pyro bought his Sony SACD and some classical music. I wanted preople to be able to sample a wide variety of music styles on the VRDs. Jimi Hendrix , David Crosby , Allman Brothers ,Phil Keaggy , and on and on . Vinyl ,I only had some early "Jesus Freak " albums from the early 70's , you might remember one of the tunes Barry McGuires 'Eve Of Destruction " , ...you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction ... that one goes back to the late 60's . Craig I will call you on Monday morning.

Hey, I'd like to thank Mark and Kathy for inviting me into their home

to enjoy their Klipschorns. I took the rural route to their home, if I

were to take the thruway I'd have to go out of my way. Anyways I forgot

how bad the northshore of the lake can get, it wasn't fun. On the way

there I was thinking to myself I must be crazy to drive through this to

go listen to some speakers. Well anyways, I get near their house and

got lost. I have my laptop with streets and trips on it which is

worthless without the gps because I can't look at the screen and drive

simultaneously. So I arrive late which is par for the course for me.

Anyways I arrive and meet Dr. Pyro and Daed and his wife and of course

Mark and Kathy. I haven't heard any Klipschhorns for years

and have never even seen a Blueberry or VRD's. They were very

impressive and of a very high build quality. The room was effortlessly

filled with music the klipschorns had a great bass extension. I don't

know how to explain it but the bass was very natural probably due to

the coupling with the room you know. It's too bad the Blueberry got

damaged but we were still able to try it out just a bit of static on

the left. I'll speak for myself but I feel the general consensus was

that lp's aren't worth the time and effort unless you've got something

special. We all had pretty much forgotten about the pops and static.

Also the feedback through the floor causing the arm to jump. Don't get

me wrong I'd like to try lp's again someday but sometime in the future.

I can see some benefits in them but for the most part I like the

convenience of the CD. Mark's Diva 7 preamp was very nice as well. We

tried Dr pyro's cd player out I forget what it was a Sony sacd model #

unknown. It sounded sweet but I really didn't notice any discernable

difference to Mark's. Dr. Pyro brought some DIY cables that looked

pretty sweet. After words the rest of the crew went out to eat at some

BBQ place but I wanted to get home. As soon as I got home I had a long

listening session on my system to appreciate the diferences between the

two. I like my system so far, if Mark's system is a 10 then I'd have to

say that mine would be about 7. Also I failed

to mention the Fortes and the KG4's in the back room. I've never heard

Fortes before either. They were very nice. Anyways that's

all for now. Thanx again.

Hey, I'd like to thank Mark and Kathy for inviting me into their home to enjoy their Klipschorns. I took the rural route to their home, if I were to take the thruway I'd have to go out of my way. Anyways I forgot how bad the northshore of the lake can get, it wasn't fun. On the way there I was thinking to myself I must be crazy to drive through this to go listen to some speakers. Well anyways, I get near their house and got lost. I have my laptop with streets and trips on it which is worthless without the gps because I can't look at the screen and drive simultaneously. So I arrive late which is par for the course for me. Anyways I arrive and meet Dr. Pyro and Daed and his wife and of course Mark and Kathy. I haven't heard any Klipschhorns for years and have never even seen a Blueberry or VRD's. They were very impressive and of a very high build quality. The room was effortlessly filled with music the klipschorns had a great bass extension. I don't know how to explain it but the bass was very natural probably due to the coupling with the room you know. It's too bad the Blueberry got damaged but we were still able to try it out just a bit of static on the left. I'll speak for myself but I feel the general consensus was that lp's aren't worth the time and effort unless you've got something special. We all had pretty much forgotten about the pops and static. Also the feedback through the floor causing the arm to jump. Don't get me wrong I'd like to try lp's again someday but sometime in the future. I can see some benefits in them but for the most part I like the convenience of the CD. Mark's Diva 7 preamp was very nice as well. We tried Dr pyro's cd player out I forget what it was a Sony sacd model # unknown. It sounded sweet but I really didn't notice any discernable difference to Mark's. Dr. Pyro brought some DIY cables that looked pretty sweet. After words the rest of the crew went out to eat at some BBQ place but I wanted to get home. As soon as I got home I had a long listening session on my system to appreciate the diferences between the two. I like my system so far, if Mark's system is a 10 then I'd have to say that mine would be about 7. Also I failed to mention the Fortes and the KG4's in the back room. I've never heard Fortes before either. They were very nice. Anyways that's all for now. Thanx again.

The floor feedback , was from me kneeling on one knee ,next to the turntable,I let me 6'2'' , 240 lbs hit a little hard. My CD player is a modded one comparable to the" 6 moons reviewers "reference player so it is no "slouch" .For proper context I do not own a vinyl collection anymore ,so all we had to listen to were some albums that I had laying around from the 70's , but the general consenses ,was that the inconvenience of having to get up about every 17 min. to flip the LP's to the next side ,was not something any of us missed . I think most would agree that the last LP I played, the slow one with the saxophone in it had a nice sound to it.

So how adout Daed and wife chimeing in ,don't be shy . Dr. Pyro where are you , surely you must have some impressions to post. What did you think of the VRD's , the K-horns etc... Daed owns K-horns and LaScalas ,how about some comments . Here is a link to Daeds vast collection of Klipsch speakers , he also owns Cornwalls www.daeds.net/speakers.html

Being somewhat financially restrained presently and being

relatively new to the 'scene', I had never heard or even seen a tube

system. So that was quite the treat. Unfortunately,

Mark's collection of music is considerably different from mine and

the only music I had was a couple of scratched up CDs that I use in the

car, so I wasn't able to get a good feel for the sound relative to my

SS setup. I was quite impressed with the bass from his KHorns

though, tight and defined, very nice.

Listening to the Forte's was also something that I had wanted to

do for while. I really enjoyed their sound, and now that I've heard them I may have to

pick up a pair to add to my setup.

Both my wife and I had a very enjoyable day. Thankyou again

for your hospitality and generosity.

||Repaired Link|| www.daeds.net/speakers.html

Piggy Pat's is GREAT [H]