iPhone

johnyholiday

• Moderators

I remember something written that said that the Iphone was registered name already and that they would see if the company would sue for registered name.....

As my six year old grandson would say, "DUH".....Did they really think they wouldn't be sued?[8-)]

Arky, more like a day late and a dozen fresh ideas short, but who's counting? Last I heard the ZunePhone shuts off and has to be reactivated after three missed calls....They call it "ZunePhone Genuine Advantage"...All approved calls will have to be digitally signed by MS. The good news is that the default ringtone will be a crazed man screaming "Developers! Developers! Developers!"

"Oh so there is a sim card slot.... I read some preliminary writeups saying there is not. It does not need to have a sim card to work on GSM. The Cingular talk as you go phones do not have a sim card slot. They made that so people whose phones died cannot just buy one of those phones and put their sim card in it."

How little you know about GSM phone. All GSM phones required SIM card! The talk as you go phones have SIM card sealed inside the phone. All GSM phones work with any provider no matter who they are made for.

and apple likes to seal them up.... I wouldn't be above apple to have done so. And no not all GSM phones work with any provider. They do not work for the pcs/cdma phone system as that is a different frequency. And some phones are locked to prevent buying the phone and using it on another network if the phone has an agreement to be only with X provider. That is why on ebay there are so many unlocked phones trying to be sold.

And yes the gsm prepaid phones have a sim card inside and no you cannot remove it and if you tried they would be able to shut you down really fast as I said verizon does. How little you know

"And no not all GSM phones work with any provider. They do not work for the pcs/cdma phone system as that is a different frequency."

You deliberately "trying" to misunderstand what I said. All GSM phones work with "ALL GSM" providers. Of, course, a GSM phone will not work with Verizon (CDMA) network! DUH!

"And some phones are locked to prevent buying the phone and using it on another network if the phone has an agreement to be only with X provider. That is why on ebay there are so many unlocked phones trying to be sold."

And you are wrong again. Nothing can prevent me from using a GSM phone that was locked for Cingular on the T-Mobile network.

How little you know about cell phones let alone your reading comprehension!

wow neo everything that has been said about you is true.

Anyways did you ever try it? Go use a cingular phone on a T mobile network and see in about a week that the phone will not work. By the way, reading comprehension.... Ha, your vagueness in your statement was at fault.

BTW tell that to my customers who did that and were locked out in a week. How arrogant you are.

"Anyways did you ever try it? Go use a cingular phone on a T mobile network and see in about a week that the phone will not work"

Yup, I unlocked the Cingular phone (for a friend) and placed a T-Mobile SIM in and it worked like a charm...for almost a year now.

Don't you even know that a GSM phone is GSM phone is a GSM phone...and no matter what GSM Carrier it was made (locked) for, it can still be unlocked and used on another GSM carrier.

How little you know about cell phones...especially GSM phones!

Simple stuff and you think I am arrogant? Or perhaps you don't know anything???

"BTW tell that to my customers who did that and were locked out in a week"

Oh, so you work for a mobile phone (Cingular?) provider...no wonder...

I develop firmware for a GSM mobile phone manufacturer.

• 5 months later...

"it looks nice but expensive and can I put my sim card in there??? nope....."

Don't you know anything about cell phones?

This is a GSM phone! What the common thing about GSM phones? (Hint: starts with an "S").

"It's the most locked-down phone we've ever seen. Not only can you not swap out the AT&T SIM card for one from another network, you can't even swap it out for another AT&T SIM card."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070630/tc_pcworld/133638;_ylt=AoSnMWyRFfHU0cqC5J3IO.XMWM0F