iPhone

johnyholiday

All the world was abuzz today about the iPhone. This is one gorgeous, sexy, amazing-looking product.Steve Jobs' adventures he has had in his business life make Odysseus look like a bore.Steve Jobs has more style in his pinkie than Bill Gates has in his whole body. And even though the Google founders could buy and sell Steve Jobs many times over, I doubt there's anyone in the country that would opt for lunch with the Google guys over Steve Jobs. He's amazing. As is the press coverage....the top story on CNN!....http://www.apple.com/iphone/

post-16352-13819321172136_thumb.jpg

In an effort to respond to this new device by Apple, MS is scrambling to create a ZunePhone. Details are sketchy at this time, But I have been able to obtain an early Top Secret pre-release photo of the device. No word yet on the capabilities, pricing, or availability, but my sources are saying "soon" and "similarly priced".

post-21855-13819321173276_thumb.jpg

it looks nice but expensive and can I put my sim card in there??? nope.....

Also scratchy scratchy

Of course you can put in your SIM card. It just has to be a Cingular SIM card. GSM phones and all phones from Cingular require SIM cards.

Scratch? How? It's glass, not plastic. My SLVR is glass and after over a year, not a single scratch. The glass they are using, they haven working on for four years. It is extremely scratch resistant, smudge resistant and impact resilient.

Oh so there is a sim card slot.... I read some preliminary writeups saying there is not. It does not need to have a sim card to work on GSM. The Cingular talk as you go phones do not have a sim card slot. They made that so people whose phones died cannot just buy one of those phones and put their sim card in it.

Verizon though different band can work but funny thing is they block you after a week when they find the signal is coming from the prepaid phone not an authorized verizon monthly phone

Everything scratches, but compare this screen to any other PDA out there or any other smartphone. Very few to zero have screens made of glass. Most are made of plastic which works great for most people, in fact, they will likely complain first about a damaged pixel (tapping too hard, dropping on face) than a scratch with the plastic screens. The iPhone does have a sim card.

In an effort to respond to this new device by Apple, MS is scrambling to create a ZunePhone. Details are sketchy at this time, But I have been able to obtain an early Top Secret pre-release photo of the device. No word yet on the capabilities, pricing, or availability, but my sources are saying "soon" and "similarly priced".

Day late & a dollar short, huh Mikey.

Rumor has it that the second version of this phone will have a slide out keyboard and 16gb hard drive along with other speculated features (video conferencing for instance). So waiting for the next version might not be a bad idea at all! I will be getting this one as soon as possible (i have a friend who manages a cingular store in Columbia, yes!) but would not be surprised if I picked up the next version too. After getting my iMac a few months ago, I have become a total Apple Convert. I have apple and pc desktops and laptops and whadaya know, I unplugged my desktop PC and left my dell laptop at home for this last trip. I don't miss it at all!

"Oh so there is a sim card slot.... I read some preliminary writeups saying there is not. It does not need to have a sim card to work on GSM. The Cingular talk as you go phones do not have a sim card slot. They made that so people whose phones died cannot just buy one of those phones and put their sim card in it."

How little you know about GSM phone. All GSM phones required SIM card! The talk as you go phones have SIM card sealed inside the phone. All GSM phones work with any provider no matter who they are made for.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) --

Cisco Systems Inc. said Wednesday it is suing Apple Inc. in federal court over Apple's use of Cisco's registered iPhone trademark for its new handheld device.

Cisco has owned the trademark on the name "iPhone" since 2000, when it

acquired InfoGear Technology Corp., which originally registered the

name.

Source

This will be fun. The product didn't make it past one day of life haha

• Moderators

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Cisco Systems Inc. said Wednesday it is suing Apple Inc. in federal court over Apple's use of Cisco's registered iPhone trademark for its new handheld device.

Cisco has owned the trademark on the name "iPhone" since 2000, when it acquired InfoGear Technology Corp., which originally registered the name.

Source

This will be fun. The product didn't make it past one day of life haha

I heard this on the news tonight. The reporter said Cisco was waiting for a response from Apple's attorneys and none came. Then Apple just released the IPHONE without ever completing the negotiations![:o]